What’s going on in Burwell

I was doing 2.5 to 3mph, switching lures from rrf gold and black to silver and blue, worm harnesses and tried one other lure that they recommend me at angling outfitters

I have very little success with RRFs so I don't run them.

Spoons are my go too.

Reports say purple is a strong attraction, copper backs, spoons with orange.

I have very little success with RRFs so I don't run them.

Spoons are my go too.

Reports say purple is a strong attraction, copper backs, spoons with orange.
For me it's been good on rrf on first 4 trips that be in June
July rrf are poor producers the only body bait is a shallow runner bandit in purple color that's still puts fish in the boat the spoon are top producers now 3.5 " size seems to be best
I tried other body baits such as flicker minnow and ac shiners some rapala jerkbait not much on them
I don't run harness or use worms
Speed 2.7 - 3.1 mph keeps most of the undesirables away

Wasn’t going to post today thought there would be more than enough posts coming from Burwell. Must have been 300 boats out this morning. Dropped lines at 6.15 back on dock at 10.20 with our 12. Fish are still deep best for us was 61 fow. All dipseys outside on 3 back 145 inside on 11/2 back 95. Smaller fish 18-22 inches. Yet in saying that a good friend that was out and came back in with us had their 12 all large on worm harnesses. All A C Shiners for us. He was a bit deeper than us in 63.
Wow.. how many bushels of bananas did you guys bring along?? That’s a haaaard day.

I agree with the above.. your speed is fine, seems your lures are fine.. dipsies do seem far back in my opinion.

I do run long 50 foot leads off my downriggers but it didn’t sound like you ran riggers?

Then it can only be bananas

The the deepest I ran dipsy this year is 115 back on #3 settings
I start with 75 back in the morning and if no hits let out 10 feet every 10 minutes till starting to get bites ,
Saturday morning I had a couple strike while mid adjustment. Which is exciting because I had my hands on the rod in the rod holder when the fish strike lol

One I was slowly pulling it up from 100ft out was planning to stop at 85ft when got a fish on at 92 or soemthing like that

The other was while I was letting another line out in one hand I was loosening the drag on another that was already out
so it slowly drop one tick at a time when all of a sudden big strike and lots of ticks hahaha 😝 fun stuff

Wow.. how many bushels of bananas did you guys bring along?? That’s a haaaard day.

I agree with the above.. your speed is fine, seems your lures are fine.. dipsies do seem far back in my opinion.

I do run long 50 foot leads off my downriggers but it didn’t sound like you ran riggers?

Then it can only be bananas
I didn’t think four hours for a limit was too bad.

There was no bananas on the boat, I will give it another try tomorrow, I don't think that I have caught a walleye off of a spoon yet, i got a bow on a spoon once, the spoons get washed and that's it, thanks for the replies

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks