were are the fish

peach

hi all went fishing with my wife today man was the weatherman wrong they were calling for 5 km winds 2 days ago did not happen left from longpoint park dock headed out to the red and green markers past ec10 picked up 2 small pearch and 2 rock bass made our way the other side of pottahawk and never cought a fish went back into the bay to discover the waves were even bigger cought 2 more rock bass dont know were the perch have gone some of the boats going to pottahawk dont care about people fishing they cut right throu the pack of boats wich most are anchord it makes yoyu wonder were some people got there boat licence.

Peach

I was out at EC5 area on sat night with zero bass to show for it! They are definatley not in the inner bay area as far as I could tell. I only caught a few rock bass and my buddies son caught 2 small pike by the docks at the launch. I can also relate to the other boats buzzing a little to close, last weekend I had some asshole come within 20ft of my boat in an offshore boat, not sure if they think they own the water or what but they have no common sense that's forsure![:(!]

Hi Peach sorry for the not so good day you had, but techcicly you are not supposed to anchor in the channel between those markers as that is the thrufare for the larger boats that draw more water

So if you are anchored there they can take you out?These big boats that think they need to run between those markers have left a channel often with less than 3 ft of water. They don't care.

I try to stay on the outside edge as much as I can, but I'm not going to take it off too far outside the channel....it can get real shallow fast! My father and I always have a laugh at those that take up the entire channel and anchor and then have big pouts on when a boat goes in their designated lanes to get through to the outer bay. Albeit, no one should be within 20' of a sitting boat, and you can cut the speed down a bit....BUT common sense goes both ways, gentlemen...have some before you anchor in the right-of-way.

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

I agree with the part of no anchoring in the channel, forgot to mention I was drifting when that guy buzzed by me. Personally I try not to anchor in the channel either cause I know the big guys need room too

Channel is not the issue.
You can be no where near the channel and they will still go bombing by. Particularly as Peach said ,if they are on the way to Pottahawk.
I have learned to live with it.

By the way, Peach,I don't know where you go out of but(at least for smallmouth)try the north shore or ,secondly , bluff bar ,this time of year.

Fished the inner bay and bluff bar on Saturday morning without much to show for it. Headed to the light house and fished off the sandbar there and got into some nice sized smallies.

My wife and I fished around EC5 yesterday,nothing but small perch.
On our way back in to Turkey Point marina,a big boat about 30ftcame blazing through in the shallows .
MY fish finder read 3ft,after he had passed there was a mud trail behind him ,his prop must have been inches from bottom.
Some peole just don't have too much in the way of brains.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks