Fishing Report Went to the promised land...

Hold the N button down until the circle goes away. Much more reliable directional heading.
Thats what I do also, but after 4 to 5 hours in rough water the Elec is running at high speed the battery's don't last so I pull the Elec and link my kicker to the big motor and finish my day at the wheel old schoolo_Oo_O:D
Only problem on those days I have to leave the boat out in the sun for a week to dry out from the waves I've took over the bow.:eek::eek::D:D
Sorry to hear about your day Albert, but some days you just can't win and we still call fishing fun (y) (y):D:D

Thats what I do also, but after 4 to 5 hours in rough water the Elec is running at high speed the battery's don't last so I pull the Elec and link my kicker to the big motor and finish my day at the wheel old schoolo_Oo_O:D
Only problem on those days I have to leave the boat out in the sun for a week to dry out from the waves I've took over the bow.:eek::eek::D:D
Sorry to hear about your day Albert, but some days you just can't win and we still call fishing fun (y) (y):D:D
I installed a Minn Kota alternator last spring and I have yet to run my trolling motor batteries even close to dead. Although it's of no use if you troll with a kicker though because no kicker puts out enough charging amps to make it work properly. I troll with the main Honda 90 which puts out more than enough to keep charging the batteries at 10 amps per bank. Even after many hours of trolling when I come home and plug in the onboard charger the batteries are back to full charge in only a matter of couple of hours where before it took well into the next day. What a difference it made for me FF.

I installed a Minn Kota alternator last spring and I have yet to run my trolling motor batteries even close to dead. Although it's of no use if you troll with a kicker though because no kicker puts out enough charging amps to make it work properly. I troll with the main Honda 90 which puts out more than enough to keep charging the batteries at 10 amps per bank. Even after many hours of trolling when I come home and plug in the onboard charger the batteries are back to full charge in only a matter of couple of hours where before it took well into the next day. What a difference it made for me FF.
Thanks Wave Runner, thats a good idea, only thing my main motor is a Noisy Smokey 90 Merc 2 stroke :eek: o_O:D
Be great if it would work on my 4 stroke kicker.
Man I miss my 60 HP 4 stroke on my Lund side console(y)(y)
One day mite upgrade to a main bigger 4 stroke.(y)

Thanks Wave Runner, thats a good idea, only thing my main motor is a Noisy Smokey 90 Merc 2 stroke :eek: o_O:D
Be great if it would work on my 4 stroke kicker.
Man I miss my 60 HP 4 stroke on my Lund side console(y)(y)
One day mite upgrade to a main bigger 4 stroke.(y)
Hear you on the 2 stroke smoke. Had many 2 strokes over the years but after having a super quiet, smokeless 4-stroke we really don't ever want to go back. It's unfortunate that the kickers don't supply enough amps to run a Minn Kota alternator then we could have the best of both worlds. :happy:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks