Weekend from Hell.

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well all I can say is I should have spent Friday and Saturday in Bed. While the charters went OK the rest of the weekend sucked big time. Went out Friday morning in search of bows for the Afternoon charter. I was 10 miles south west of Glasgow doing about 40 mph when I looked back to find one of my riggers had vanished along with the rod reel and taildancer. I was more than a bit p@@ off. The lock somehow became unlocked and the bouncing of the ball on the rigger vibrated it right off the mount. Went back to Port and made the drive to Erieau to replace it. Now it was just a Manual Cannon (Unitroll with a swivel base) cost to replace with 10LB ball, scotty release and walker retriever rope $474.95. Cost to replace rod, reel and taildancer about $200 and change. Charter went fine in the afternoon. Got up at 5:00AM and drove the truck down to look at the water for Saturday 7:00AM charter. Water looked ok, so drove back to boat. Waited until 6:00 AM for snack bar to open and decided to drive over for my morning wake-up coffee. Turned key over to hear a click,click, click. Go a friend to boost me. Truck started but would not come out of park and lights would not shut off along with windows would not go up. Started charter at 7:00 and called wife to go to Crappy tire and pick me up a new battery. Cost $145.00 Finnished charter and it went well fish in close at 44-64 fow. Found cold water off of Glasgow so the bows will be heading this way from Wheatley. Finnished charter just as wife arrived with new battery. Installed battery and checked out truck. Removed cable and truck stalled. Can you say alternator pouched. Made the drive back to London on battery power straight to Crappy tire again. Alternator cost $316.00. Just finished installing it on the truck and it works fine. My next truck is going to be a Dodge Ram.

if you cant make it threw life with a ford or gm u wont have chance with dodge ram i wish u luck. youll need it

johnnyo

if you cant make it threw life with a ford or gm u wont have chance with dodge ram i wish u luck. youll need it

johnnyo

Johnnyyo, I am 57 years old and have been a Ford man my whole life. I am just going to change to see what else is out there. I have had GM pick-ups before and won't buy another and I think Dodge has greatley improved in the last few years. I have had nothing but headaches with my $52,000 FX4 since I bought it brand new.I have had endless problems with Ford of Canada and the crappy dealership so I am fed up with all their Bull Sh#t and am going to change.

Hey Scrimmy bought my first Dodge Ram in 02 & have not regretted it for one minute!! Best vehicle I have ever owned:p

I don't know you personally Scrimmy but I for one can sympathise with you on having a horrendous weekend like that one. If some of these other guys making comments are supposedly your friends, I might consider new ones. 8D8D

SOOOOOOO-HOW WAS THE FISHING:DSorry for ur luck wayne,heard u out sat.was close to u-fished west out of port-did ok- 6 large eyes.

To start with, Scimmy I was only joking.On the subject of trucks, I bought an 04 F150 4x4 with a 4.6 with 80,000km on it in 07 for $18000. It has 190,000km on it now and the only thing I have had to change are the alternator bearings, the thermostat, one battery, one set of tires, and one complete brake job. The truck is still in mint condition throughout. I wish I could afford to pay 52,000 for any truck. I am 56, been retired for 4 years and have to pay for my son going to western. You probably had the misfortune to have your truck built on a monday morning, hope for better luck on your next truck.

johnnyo

Although your weekend was bad it was better than this guys

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/08/05/20069801.html#.UB_v40lv5Kg.facebook

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

joined your club today headed out of burwell to try for pics the first time. got out to 50 feet and lost a hand rigger and poll of the back never even fished with it .son yelled but by the time i looked around ther was no point in slowing down it was already on the bottom. live and learn. i looked yesterday and thought i should put a saftey cable on them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks