waves

davec72

Hey guys i live in Hamilton, now i love to fish erie and ontario ,but ontario i can allways see what the lake is like ,now i go to like enviroment Canada ,for wave updates BUT as ussuall they are wrong like have the damn time .Question to you erie guys ? What is the best way to check wave hieght conditions and wind on erie ,anything short of driving there would be a great Thanks for your time Dave

Dave

wind forcast

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=210&regionProductID=3&timeoffset=1

current conditions and forcast

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/weatherConditions-currentConditions_e.html?mapID=11&siteID=07507&stationID=45132

I find both very helpful and reliable for same day/next morning, wind forcast maybe a day more. Good luck.

Bogz

I also live away from both lakes and have found it frustrating to say the least at showing up to the ramp and seeing 4 foot waves. I have found www.ndbc.noaa.gov/ to be very helpfull. You can select a bouy close to the area you wish to fish and read all the data including the history of wave heights to determine if waves are building or lessning etc.
I hope this helps.
Mike

Thanks from me too. 1 there that I didn't know about. Cheers

i fish lake erie out of bruce i always use the weatheroffice that pikefishinfever showed if u google lake erie ontario marine forecast u get the same.it has past 24 hour wave and wind info plus current.i would take alot of this information with a grain of salt. bottom line i check this sit plus the weather channel on tv plus number one i go onto my boat in garage press wx weather channel go to 3 it gives me the wave height at that exact time then i decide shoud i stay or go also when they say wave is .2 its 2foot in your boat if its .5 half meter its 5ft in your boat been their done that

johnnyo

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks