WaterWolf Port Burwell Aug 8 2020

SonsofFishes

Started in 54' trolled out to 72' then over to the Sand Hills and back to port . Calm waters beautiful sky , hard to top except for the very slow bite . Ran over 1 1/2 hrs before first fish .
Went 6/7 , no monsters this time but nice eaters . 2 dbl headers .
Not a whole lot of action on the waterwolf cam either . This is all it saw in 3 1/2 hrs .

https://youtu.be/_sZRRE4fzec

Last edited by a moderator:
What line were you using in this video? I use lead core a lot and wondered what it looks like when trolling.

I run the waterwolf off a dipseys so not as smooth as it would be on leadcores .
We ran 2 dipseys , 2 lead cores all running 40' or so down . Fish were scattered all over.

@preacher
This vid the camera was on leadcore . Perfectly smooth .

This vid is the dipsey hooked to the camera . Shows how the dipsey moves in the water . Puts an extra whip to the lures . That`s why my vids aren`t the smoothest but dipsey is all I like to run . This is one of those fish that one drags around for a while not knowing it`s on . Notice the dipsey release later in the clip . lol

@preacher
This vid the camera was on leadcore . Perfectly smooth .

This vid is the dipsey hooked to the camera . Shows how the dipsey moves in the water . Puts an extra whip to the lures . That`s why my vids aren`t the smoothest but dipsey is all I like to run . This is one of those fish that one drags around for a while not knowing it`s on . Notice the dipsey release later in the clip . lol

Thanks for showing me the difference. Didn't realize the movement the dipsey put on the lure that it does.

@SonsofFishes does the dipsy stay angled, (even though it wobbles) in the direction you wanted it to pull, or will it wobble and move in a direction not wanted pulling without a fish on?

I didn't see enough video showing with no fish on to figure that out.

That was the only clip I had saved with the dipsy hooked to the cam . Unfortunately it had a fish on it . lol
Here is a clip I found showing the movement better . It looks to me like this one is set at 0. If set higher , yes it would be angled to whatever the setting is . Next time out I`ll hook it to the cam . Set at zero first then 1.5 , then settting of 3 so we can see the real differences . This is an awesome vid BTW . Wish it was my dipsy .lol

Took kids out Saturday afternoon, Only managed 2 in 3 hours. Dipseys 130 on setting 3, 59 feet of water. Lost a Rainbow at the back of the boat, did a nice little dance and said see later. Bent/straighten my rear hook on my A/C shiner. Time for new hooks lol. Tough go!

At least it was a beautiful day out there and I'm sure the kids enjoyed the outing .

Correction on the above vid . My bad !!! That's not a dipsy but has somewhat that type of action , just not as extreme . Will get some vids next time out and post them so ppl can see what it's actually doing at different settings . That should explain why dipsies do better than leadcore some days and some days not . Fish have their moods .

Trouble maker. LOL ;)🤪

You could just let us fish blind, but Oh No, you have take all the fun out of it by showing us all this underwater footage. 😱😁🤣

Just kidding, I think it's great and revealing a number of surprises.

Very informative, keep it up. 🙂

Ahh , Big screen on the boat . Nice
I sit up front with another running the dipseys in a center console , we hear the beeps and have to ask the captain how deep they are . I think he gets annoyed after a while . Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks