waterford ice

Cuba

Any one in waterford area know if there is safe ice in the ponds. Thanks

Not safe. My buddy who lives on St. James street's dog fell through the ice close to shore. Yea it might be safe though for you. No one believes ice reports this year anyway. Ice, what ice? Cast away.

Saw two guys out there today, not far from the open water on the pond they were fishing......

I really don't condone fishing reports for a small body of water like these very small ponds. Binbrook included. I have to remind members that if you report positive reports Trollers that have 3 posts that have been members for a few weeks like the OP, not saying he is a troller I am telling you he is until proven otherwise, will spread the news on other sites and fish the place out. I know a local that posted his exploits on Waterford on another site with 10,000 members. He posted a false report a few years back to see what would happen and found a few hundred guys on the ice the next weekend when there are usually 20. Fishing pressure like that can fish a pond out, even a small lake out in a few weekends.

The guys asking questions just joined here. If you guys want to contribute first, welcome aboard. There is an apprenticeship program here, I went through it like everyone else.

Lol, an apprentiship program? Maybe for the selfish people out there. Last I checked it was a fishing Reports page, would be pretty boring to be a fishing secrets page. Just cause people fish areas doesn't mean they catch anything.

Waterford conservation has a website that tells you what fish species are in the pond.
As for bait I'm sure can figure it out threw trial and error.
The ponds aren't much of a secret.

New member feel free to ask questions and post fishing reports after all isn't that why we all read this forum in the first place

I really don't condone fishing reports for a small body of water like these very small ponds. Binbrook included. I have to remind members that if you report positive reports Trollers that have 3 posts that have been members for a few weeks like the OP, not saying he is a troller I am telling you he is until proven otherwise, will spread the news on other sites and fish the place out. I know a local that posted his exploits on Waterford on another site with 10,000 members. He posted a false report a few years back to see what would happen and found a few hundred guys on the ice the next weekend when there are usually 20. Fishing pressure like that can fish a pond out, even a small lake out in a few weekends.

The guys asking questions just joined here. If you guys want to contribute first, welcome aboard. There is an apprenticeship program here, I went through it like everyone else.

Not splitting hairs but the OP only asked about ice conditions not anything else. Is that off limits for 'apprentices'?? What about locations of ramps and tackle shops, is that info taboo too?

Anyway, I live just down the road but haven't driven by in a week or so. I do know all the small ponds around the 'hood are open water so I cannot imagine that the WP's are at all safe either. I will go by later and later and see how it looks.

Last edited:
I post a lot on another forum ifish365 and just thought that people on this forum just might be able to save me the trip. Not looking for spacific bait or gps location. Sorry to those who were afended and thanks for thoes who gave information. I will try to post more so i can be excepted. Thaks again. Johnny

I just drove by the ponds on Deer Park Rd. The S-E pond is close to half open water (the swans were enjoying it), the North Pond (the big one) is ice covered but looks pretty sketchy (at least from the seat of my truck anyway) and the pond at the Conservation area is also ice covered. There was one flip up over near the South shore of the CA pond and a couple of guys fishing across the road at the gravel pit pond (I thought it was posted but maybe not). Personally, I would stay away based on what I've seen over the last few weeks but I guess a few guys are comfortable walking out and obviously the ice is holding them up.

I've never ice fished there myself to I can't really offer anything other than these observations.

Please don't take me too seriously, it's a fishing forum and that is my personal opinion. I can state it if I choose. As far as helping out take a look only Stomp has more likes than me. I like being liked.

Last edited:
As for everyone flocking to where it is mentioned is very true 3 years ago there where like dozen or so boats at hastings last spring early summer there where some days close to 50

I'm new to fishing Lake Erie...
But is it possible spring 2014 fishing at Hastings not as great as spring 2015.
My 1.2 seasons of fishing Lake Erie have both been completely different fishing experiences
My guess is fish move and so do fishermen with boats..
Thanks to everyone who gives fishing reports!
Saves us all time and money spent on gas!

Doesn't take long for word to get out though on a good fishing spot. The general rule for many people, is go to where the boats are. Usually the fish aren't there, but so many people do that, like there is no other fish in the lake.

Last year I heard of so many people going out to 60 FOW for eyes and bows last year, I didn't fish once over 50 ft. and did good all year

Big lake, the fish are everywhere, just have to find what they like3.

Fishemhard!

Doesn't take long for word to get out though on a good fishing spot. The general rule for many people, is go to where the boats are. Usually the fish aren't there, but so many people do that, like there is no other fish in the lake.

Last year I heard of so many people going out to 60 FOW for eyes and bows last year, I didn't fish once over 50 ft. and did good all year

Big lake, the fish are everywhere, just have to find what they like3.

Fishemhard!

The ponds can't take the pressure that the lake can. A few good fisherman can fish those ponds dry if they wanted. On the big lake I keep no secrets, heck I'll give you GPS co ordinates, but 20 acre ponds no way. Just check the number of people reading the threads of fishing reports, 10 times or more the number of members here. If one wishes to give info for small water thats fine, just PM them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks