Water Rage

Rex

I find it disturbing that I feel like I need to post this thread...I've deleted it a few times, but if this saves one of us from having a bad interaction, and one person who reads it, thinks twice, it's worth it.

For all respectful fishermen on this forum, thank you for respecting the "claim" of fellow fisher-people (this includes space to cast, reel in, or generally move about through normal fishing activities.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to find your own unique fishing spot and thank you for respecting others' relaxing & re-charging time in nature.
Thank you for ensuring you're giving ample space to your fellow boaters. Thank you for, allowing them to fish without getting washed out, for keeping a safe distance avoiding collisions, allowing them to lay anchor, pickup anchor, and enjoy our beautiful resource. Thank you for not (even though we are sailors) flipping the bird or yelling obscenities when someone calmly and respectfully reminds you of the above un-written common sense respectful "rules" (yes I made them up, sorry I'm not a lawyer, just a guy trying to make a general point)

To the jerks who can't find their own fishing spot and feel it's ok to NOT do the above, out of incompetence, ignorance, madness or who generally feel the need to mess with someone else's day, we'll see you after school.

This happens every day, why?

Cheers

Rex

I find it disturbing that I feel like I need to post this thread...I've deleted it a few times, but if this saves one of us from having a bad interaction, and one person who reads it, thinks twice, it's worth it.

For all respectful fishermen on this forum, thank you for respecting the "claim" of fellow fisher-people (this includes space to cast, reel in, or generally move about through normal fishing activities.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to find your own unique fishing spot and thank you for respecting others' relaxing & re-charging time in nature.
Thank you for ensuring you're giving ample space to your fellow boaters. Thank you for, allowing them to fish without getting washed out, for keeping a safe distance avoiding collisions, allowing them to lay anchor, pickup anchor, and enjoy our beautiful resource. Thank you for not (even though we are sailors) flipping the bird or yelling obscenities when someone calmly and respectfully reminds you of the above un-written common sense respectful "rules" (yes I made them up, sorry I'm not a lawyer, just a guy trying to make a general point)

To the jerks who can't find their own fishing spot and feel it's ok to NOT do the above, out of incompetence, ignorance, madness or who generally feel the need to mess with someone else's day, we'll see you after school.

This happens every day, why?

Cheers

Rex
yes rex it happens on shore to when I fished the nattowasaga by nanacy isle we had water jets and water hogs we threw larger sinkers at em kooled em out

Probably a waste of time typing all of that out..
I would bet that 99.9% of fishermen and women on this forum do follow these un written rules and the 0.1% that do not follow these rules either a) not going to read this or b) going to read it and not give a sh**

Thanks for the friendly reminder tho

I agree to a certain extent. On a little lake yes but on big water everyone thinks it's their spot, NOT.;):LOL:
: Can't you see I'm trolling strait, and I'm not.:confused:
: I was here first, I was was here yesterday.:confused:
: This is my spot, didn't know you own the lake.:confused:
: I found this spot, chances are you were told about it or you saw a guy catching there yesterday.:confused:
: What came first the egg or the chicken. Etc.:confused:

If I can help with a tip so a guy can catch a fish with his kid or maybe the guy only gets out once a year.
If he gets there before me, I hope he catches and I'll move on and find another spot, lake is BIG.
Were not all perfect.
But that's me.

I am the first guy to help anyone looking for a spot to fish, or to share a method when asked. I'm not an expert by any means. I'm not there every day, I work. I don't have time to learn every detail, and I don't have the equipment to go out trolling. All I'm asking for is some respect for personal and boat space.
As @Fish Farmer says, it's a BIG lake (Erie). If I'm anchored, don't park in my casting / anchor range. I think that's pretty simple and reasonable. If you're anchored on a big lake and someone shows up and sits 10 feet off your bow, that's not ok.
Now, this whole not sharing the water thing is almost as annoying. If someone wants to walk up on me while I'm fishing on a river bank to say "that's my spot" which has never happened (knock on wood) I'd be a shocked at such an ignorant statement and kindly tell them to move along.
I'm not sure what my position on something like the pier is...if there is reasonable space to cast a line (where we're not going to get tangled), I think it's only respectful and decent to move over a few feet and allow someone else a chance to cast.
My rant was more for the big water personal space respect and safety.
I'm not perfect either, if I screw up and someone has something to say, I'll consider it and respond in kind either admitting and apologize or responding as respectfully as I can.
Simple communication and dialogue, or as another member responded, escalation happens and that's just dangerous.
I do tend to agree, my silly post likely wont change any of those .1% but if it helps someone else take a deep breath before they throw stones, and hurt someone, my typing is worth it.
Lets play nice in our sandbox and share our toys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks