Walleye tourney Port Burwell

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This just popped up today

Perfect, I'm in. Last week of July, 1st 2 weeks in August are usually the best walleye fishing of the summer.

i mailed Kayla and this is her response, and also asked about a boat limit.

There is no pre registration for this event. You will need to register the morning of.
The amount of payouts will depend on the number of boats in the tournament.
Yes there will be door prizes. We are working on getting some, but at the moment there will be things such as gift cards, $100 random draw, etc.

Think it will be a slow troll, not really a Blast off

well you cant blast off in the creek because of the speed limit (lol) and I got a feeling the sandbar going out this year is going to be nasty the river is high and no ice to push all that silt coming down is going to be very interesting

well you cant blast off in the creek because of the speed limit (lol) and I got a feeling the sandbar going out this year is going to be nasty the river is high and no ice to push all that silt coming down is going to be very interesting
The fishing tugs always dig out(prop wash) and mark the channel before we start fishing, sands always been an issue at Burwell and will continue to be. Without regular dredging the rock wall combined with the wind and current Guarantees a regular buildup close to the mouth.

Last edited:
yea I know been fishing from there a lot of years now I m just saying you don't want 50 or more boats blasting out there for the derby when just enough room for one going and one boat coming maybe they should draw numbers when your number is called you go just to make it a little safer for everyone that's all

yea I know been fishing from there a lot of years now I m just saying you don't want 50 or more boats blasting out there for the derby when just enough room for one going and one boat coming maybe they should draw numbers when your number is called you go just to make it a little safer for everyone that's all
That's a great idea I'm sure some idiot will still cause a problem but that would be way better than everyone going at once

why not congregate at the end of the pier or just outside the beach area and hold there until somebody uses an air horn to signal the start. It is bad enough on any Saturday/Sunday with the regulars... can you imagine with the added boats for a tourney and the impatient boater who wants to get up on plane coming out of the channel... should be an interesting blast off if it is within the creek/boat launch area.

all and all said its nice to see a derby out of there it would be fun my hats off to the people going to do this I'll be in . they should trow in a biggest sheephead prize to that would be interesting lol or largest perch I seen some perch the last few years that would make a pickerel run lol

Heaviest sheephead would be neat to see........have caught some fatties over the years.

Heaviest sheephead would be neat to see........have caught some fatties over the years.
That would be cool to see a monster fattie as far as blast off location it would nice if we could all idle out like mature sense able adults (y):jawdrop:

Just stay behind my big ass boat and I'll make the channel look like an isle at shoppers drug mart on a double points senior discount sale. Ain't nobody getting around this tug without running the sandbar.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks