Walleye - Port Burwell - Wednesday, Aug 15th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Best day this year at Burwell, for me at least. Joined Ice Fisherman and his boys for a morning of walleye fishing. Outstanding conditions! We started in 63 fow with lines in around 9:00 am and quit at 1:00 pm in 65 fow. We had doubles and triples, lost a bunch but still ended up with 13 walleye to clean. By far and away the best bait for us was the worm harness 140 feet back using a #1 dipsy on #3. We could have left the boards, lead core and the riggers at home.

AlexBigEyeAug15_2012.jpg

Emil13EyesAug15_2012.jpg

very nice !
one question , how fast were you going when using the worm harnesses ?

thanks

misty river: Emil (Icefisherman) has gear that measures trolling speed and temperature down at the cannonball. His instruments were reading 1.8 to 2.2 mph but it felt more like 2.3-2.7 MPH GPS speed that I use.

quote:
Originally posted by misty river

very nice !
one question , how fast were you going when using the worm harnesses ?

thanks

Great job on the fish Arnie. If I could make one suggestion that would be to put some shoes on the little guy. After spending well over 40 years on the lakes I don't believe that a fishing boat, no matter how clean is a place for bare feet. A great day can be ruined with a forgotten hook left on the floor etc. Just waiting to find a bare foot. Seen it happen many times over the years and it will continue to happen. A great way to ruin an otherwise perfect day on the water. Just an observation and again great job on the fish and the little guy looks very happy.

Nice to hear the walleye are still around, great report, thanks for the update.

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Nice job on the eyes guys.. Gotta get a depth raider... My GPS was saying 2.25 to 2.5 mph and you guys were trolling circles around us it seemed. My final count was 4 rods landed 7 for 8 eyes, 1 bow (small shaker sent back for another day) and 2 jumbo perch. Eyes came off dipseys/harness and 10 color with riplin redfin...

april14-1.jpg

Sworn to Truth
thumb.jpg

Great job guys and thanks for the good news, I may still get out trolling once or twice this season after all.

About the depth raider thing, I have one too (a Cannon) and it always reads slower than my GPS by .4 - .6 mph or so no matter which direction I travel. One would think it would read lower going with the current and read higher going against but it doesn't seem to hold true....do you guys find the same thing?

my depth raider reads different with the current and against the current. The current at Glasgow is about 3 mph. Going against the current my GPS will read 5.2 mph and the lure speed is 2.7 mph. Going with the current they are quite a bit closer together.

Thanks guys.
Thanks Paul...always a treat fishing together even though this time in different boats:)
Had another stellar day today (just posted separate report)...
Hope to see you back here before the week is over8D More fish to be caught my friend:D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks