Fishing Report Walleye - Port Burwell - Friday, June 29th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert, John (Canvasback) and I tried the walleye fishery off Burwell this morning. We were not disappointed catching our limit before 11:00 am. We ended up with two jumbo's, 15 (16 to 18") keepers and one small bleeder. Closest to the harbour we have fished in years because the Lighthouse was always in sight. Spoons worked best ....lead core wasn't needed. Spoons down 25' was all that was necessary.

Albert, John (Canvasback) and I tried the walleye fishery off Burwell this morning. We were not disappointed catching our limit before 11:00 am. We ended up with two jumbo's, 15 (16 to 18") keepers and one small bleeder. Closest to the harbour we have fished in years because the Lighthouse was always in sight. Spoons worked best ....lead core wasn't needed. Spoons down 25' was all that was necessary.

How were the flies in Burwell? They were so bad out of Stanley they forced me and my friend off the water very early. I don't how many we swallowed but they were in my eyes, ears you name it. The fishing was great but after losing 3 and putting 8 in the box we said we're out of here. I got some clean up to do as the boat is full of those nasty critters. Not surprised you guys got your limit because lots of fish out there, good fishing Arnie.

How were the flies in Burwell? They were so bad out of Stanley they forced me and my friend off the water very early. I don't how many we swallowed but they were in my eyes, ears you name it. The fishing was great but after losing 3 and putting 8 in the box we said we're out of here. I got some clean up to do as the boat is full of those nasty critters. Not surprised you guys got your limit because lots of fish out there, good fishing Arnie.
Hi Bob, we had no flies at all. Not sure how things were further out but like I mentioned in the post we were in pretty tight and even had some perch anglers anchor outside of us.

Hi Bob, we had no flies at all. Not sure how things were further out but like I mentioned in the post we were in pretty tight and even had some perch anglers anchor outside of us.

Oh man no flies and limits that's paradise Arnie. We had perch fisherman close enough to talk to as we were fishing only 35-45 fow but flies thick, thick. I whimped out I couldn't take it any longer. :eek::cry:

Saw you again today Bob, I was 2 cars behind you on the hwy when you pulled into the launch this morning. Glad to hear despite the flies you had a good day. :)

Saw you again today Bob, I was 2 cars behind you on the hwy when you pulled into the launch this morning. Glad to hear despite the flies you had a good day. :)

Are you sure? :unsure:
Which launch because I launched at Stan's Marina in Port Stanley this morning not Bruce.

@JohnW… Good day you had!(y) You have more patience than I do with those flies and yes they were awful today. Duck Soup fished Burwell also and said he had no flies at all so obviously he was in a better spot than you or I was. :)

I wish we were fishing where Duck Soup was, we stayed between 30-45ft straight south from port. Found that most of our fish came from the murkey side of the mud line.

Hey, I fished out of port bruce today. Started out deeper but quickly realized the walleye were in closer to shore. Managed to get 9 between 36'-42' fow. We had one spoon that out produced any other bait. It was orange/copper/black. And yeah the flies were a pain too. Cheers

Are you sure? :unsure:
Which launch because I launched at Stan's Marina in Port Stanley this morning not Bruce.

Yep I'm sure, and yep I know you launched at Stans in Pt Stanley. I went to A&L this morning for minnows, you pulled into the marina just before 6. I almost stopped to come formally introduce myself, but I wanted to get me some bait, and get to the pier in Bruce to get as close to the end of it as possible. Hindsight, shoulda stopped and said hi :ROFLMAO:

That's the second time this year I've seen you pullin your boat. First time was a couple weeks ago when you did go out of Bruce. You were coming around the corner south of Copenhagen, and I was going the other way because the bridge detour, Monday you were already on the water, and this morning, I pulled up behind the guy behind you by the foodland, and saw the boat and knew I'd be steppin on the brakes before the light lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were one of the pack just out from the harbour Arnie? We wondered if people were trolling or perching. Good job on the fish for sure! We went to sandhills for some perch, not fast but the ones we did get were big fish.

You were one of the pack just out from the harbour Arnie? We wondered if people were trolling or perching. Good job on the fish for sure! We went to sandhills for some perch, not fast but the ones we did get were big fish.
Yes we were in the pack. Most people out there were trolling but a few were anchored and perch fishing. We were talking to one such angler when we were loading the boat to leave and he remarked that he regretted not being included with those of us trolling. He didn't say how he did but sounded disappointed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks