Walleye Port Bruce

Off Duty

I saw a few quick reports out there, but wondering if anyone that has been out recently and can report on how the Walleye and other large species fishing is going out of Port Bruce. Looking to get out tomorrow and if someone is kind enough to give a general depth and direction it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Was out on sunday and only managed one pickerel for 6 hours of fishing. Fished from 52-62ft of water west of bruce , white bass were hitting everything from spoons, minnowbaits and harnesses. I think we caught about 30 white bass and two sheeps as well. The pickerel didnt even trip the dipsy had him on there for at least 10-15 mins . We never marked any baitfish or any solid hooks on the fishfinder all day which was a first for me.

we got 3 walleye sunday afternoon west of Bruce 3/4 of the way to Stanley and they were on the bottom at 57 ft dipsy's 175 ft back! If the girls wern't getting hungry we would have had our limits for sure missed a few hits and lost one right at the boat!

this was the lure that was taking the hits body baits took nothing

We had great day out of Bruce did get a lot of silvers just made sure I ran a program on the rods makin sure we weren't dragging 1lb garbage fish. Ten colour lead and copper were our largest producers. But some action on dipsey and riggers Will likely do another trip or two however the salmon are callin down in lake O

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks