Fishing Report Walleye - LPB Lighthouse - Friday, July 10th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Nice day forecast today with thunderstorms and rain forecast for tomorrow through Monday therefore we decided to give walleye fishing another go even though we had absolutely no strategy in mind. We decided to head to Piggott's Post near the Lighthouse and see what we could do. As it turned out we couldn't do much. We trolled around changing lures and baits for 2.5 hours getting only 2 bites and landing one lonely walleye weighing maybe 4 pounds. We marked lots of life below but not even a sheepshead was interested in our offerings. I guess the word was out because we only saw a half dozen boats this morning and there were at least 2 dozen there when we last tried on a weekday in June. Water temps ranged from 72 -74 F and winds were light SE and S.

Wow Arnie I'm feeling bad for you guys down in the east end it's been a tough go for walleye so far this year. I know it's a long haul for you but if you made the trip to Glasgow you would be well rewarded. :)

We were out late yesterday afternoon .. started in 100 " of water and noticed the 25-40" mark was the area of intrest to the fish .
. Hooked two rainbows one actually when it tailwalked broke the hook ... wtf ... never had that happen .. then the second nice hit fought it and the fish did a run at the boat and came up empty ... green /silver cleo and blue and silver cleo both got hits ... greasy chicken wing and worm harness got no action. Worked back to 60 feet and no luck ... but a great hot day on the water ...

Attachments

• 20200709_163613.jpg
    20200709_163613.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 107
hey duck do you have the gps coordinates for Piggott's Post have not fish there sinch i was a kid with john and les

Keep the faith bud... It's a grind out there right now... I really believe it's been too calm for too long... ;)

hey duck do you have the gps coordinates for Piggott's Post have not fish there sinch i was a kid with john and les
Yes jph, I'll post the coordinates. I have to unbutton the boat, get in and turn on my GPS to get it therefore it's a tomorrow project. We did well every time we fished the spot up until today. Maybe because John is no longer part of the crew.

Was out at the lighthouse today for a beach day with the kids, decided to stop and fish for an hour before they got their way. They stopped whining when they went 2-3 on pics at 65ft, 7 colours, watermelon with antifreeze backing did the trick. Watching others it looked like we got lucky.

On the way back we stopped by the flats for smallies for a bit and landed 4 in 45m before we had to jet.

The boss lady using the same watermelon antifreeze backed spoon got her limit out of Burwell yesterday.

Wow Arnie I'm feeling bad for you guys down in the east end it's been a tough go for walleye so far this year. I know it's a long haul for you but if you made the trip to Glasgow you would be well rewarded. :)
Yes Bob, frustrating for sure......I fished Glasgow once with Icefisherman based on your input and we certainly did well but I decided than that I was getting too old for long hauls like that. Like yourself, I really enjoy the sport and catching makes it better but getting a few is more than adequate. I still end up with all the fish we want to eat. The children, grandchildren friends and neighbors are the casualties .

Fished lighthouse on thursday,east side silver bass .Went around to west side, lots of fish ,the other half was using a herring cutbait by Freedom on 5 colors.She lost 2 rainbows so maybe change up aluminum hooks.Downrigger hooked up with pink spoon and cheater with gold thinfish took rainbow.So hot we joined the fish in the water

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks