Fishing Report Walleye - Inner Bay - Sunday, May28th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Joined X-son-in-law Jon (Finally Floating) and two of my grandchildren for a few hours of fishing in the west end of the Inner Bay. We had 3 lines in the water a little after 3:30 pm. Surprisingly, we caught 2 walleye, a half dozen pike, a couple of SM bass and a few rock bass. I'll try to post a small photo of Jon and my youngest grandson Everett, with one of the pickerel. (I'm not sure this will work) They each caught one eye.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 159
Joined X-son-in-law Jon (Finally Floating) and two of my grandchildren for a few hours of fishing in the west end of the Inner Bay. We had 3 lines in the water a little after 3:30 pm. Surprisingly, we caught 2 walleye, a half dozen pike, a couple of SM bass and a few rock bass. I'll try to post a small photo of Jon and my youngest grandson Everett, with one of the pickerel. (I'm not sure this will work) They each caught one eye.
Seeing that and hearing that someone got one off my favorite pier today (first time this year I've heard of one caught off the pier) that gives me hope that since they're in the relatively shallow waters of the inner bay, and at least one was caught of the pier, maybe, just maybe I'll nail one off the pier myself tomorrow or if not tomorrow, maybe sometime this week while I'm there. Planning to go at least twice, maybe three times IF I can get away with it ;)

Seeing that and hearing that someone got one off my favorite pier today (first time this year I've heard of one caught off the pier) that gives me hope that since they're in the relatively shallow waters of the inner bay, and at least one was caught of the pier, maybe, just maybe I'll nail one off the pier myself tomorrow or if not tomorrow, maybe sometime this week while I'm there. Planning to go at least twice, maybe three times IF I can get away with it ;)
Fish I marked in port Stanley were around 20-24fow
Not sure how deep it is off the end of the pier but I also marked some fish in 15fow but it was more busy in 20-25ft

Fish I marked in port Stanley were around 20-24fow
Not sure how deep it is off the end of the pier but I also marked some fish in 15fow but it was more busy in 20-25ft
Around the pier in Pt Bruce it's generally around 8ft. But off the end it drops to 15 ft within casting distance (or so I've been told, don't have a fish finder to check and see for myself) There were a couple boats in what is around the 25-30 FOW area off the end the last couple times I've been down but nobody is saying they're catching many yet.

were you trolling

were you trolling
Yes, we were trolling in 7 to 9 feet of water with small body baits and in-line spinner baits. Important to be catching some weeds but not too many. 5 feet down worked pretty good. With all this sunny weather the weeds are growing fast.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks