Walleye Fishing in Colchester

j-man

Just wondering if anyone knows when the walley fishing kicks in on the lake? Planning a trip down on May 5 and wanted to know if I needed to go to the Detroit river instead ..Any help in this would be greatly appreciated..
thanks

That's a very good question and I've been thinking the same thing. That will be near the end of the good fishing on the DR and maybe a bit early for Colchester the way things are looking right now. I know Big Rod posted on another thread that May 6 would be his last day jigging the river. I would wait until a little closer and see what happens. I'm pretty sure a PM to Big Rod may net you a very good answeer but I'd wait another week or maybe he'll pipe up on this thread in the meantime.

I don't know anyone that has been out trolling.All my friends are fishing the river.May 5 you can not launch out of Lasalle because of the Firefighters Walleye Derby...no ticket ,no launch.My last day in the rvr is May 5.Might see ya out trolling May 6.:)

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks