Walleye fisherman to Duck hunter in one day!

John

Two of us limited out by 1030 today. 12 Ducks and two geese. Only two were BW teal... A mixed bag of mallards, widgeon, teal... Great day though. Got to take a new hunter out and show him how to duck hunt, once I had him remove all the white clothing he was wearing... Wasn't sure we were going to be successful when ducks were working decoys at 0700 hrs and coming in and my partner opened up on them 75 yards out with his 12 gauge single action mossberg with 1 ounce #4 styrofoam shot! Good thing you brought 9 shells out with you to the blind. I don't think that decoy could handle any more. I guess it's better than the daisy BB gun and frisbee's you had in your hands when I picked you up. Either way, nice to promote the sport and take a young hunter out... EH - RENNER! Glad you came out buddy, had a great day. You seemed excited meeting the Conservation Officer and I'm sure you enjoyed the BBQ and your free new hat... Sorry little buddy, next time I'll let you pet the dog... Study that ducks at a distance chart I gave you...By the end of the season you'll be able to tell the difference between seagulls off in the distance and a mallard flying and commorants and a flock canadian geese, not to mention sandpipers and teals...lol All joking aside, glad to see you out... Hopefully Sherman and the boys will take it easy on you.... Your always welcome....Give it to him Boys.....

damn flu!
sounds like I missed out on a eye-opening experience today!
it took me a whole week after work to fix all the holes from the last "greenwing" you took out!
maybe next weekend Renner can hook up with a youth hunter from this weekend and he can "show him the ropes"
I guess when you're out walleye fishing, sometimes it helps when your tackles makes that "RATTLIN" sound, not too much though when you're duck hunting
also,next time, I'd make sure that he knows not to shoot those "snowgeese"......just incase!!!
IMG_0328.jpg

LOOK AT HOW PROUD HE IS! GOOD JOB LITTLE BUDDY!!!
:D

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Looks like an awesome day out on the bay!
Nice Mixed bag, looks like some BW & GW teals, bluebills, wigeons & some geese!
Always love to read your guys posts, seems like most people go out every weekend but don't say anything on how they made out?
Best thing you can do for "Renner" is take him shoppin for his next outing , first stop- the ammo isle!!!!
Have fun fixing those dekes again dicker! Lol
Maybe you should fix them after he gets the hang shooting the real ones
Then you can take all that steel in & turn it into some cash [:I]

John I really gotta know how Renner shot over 50 shells through a single shot then proceeded to shoot your gun to get his 6 birds,I think he felt pretty bad when I told him I shot my 6 bluewings with 5 shells yesterday.You will be happy to know we spent today at bass pro I've got him all camoed up with some browning gear, he wasn't sure which skid of shells to buy because he still can't make up his mind which gun he wants to buy. I think he wishes he would have bought a black lab now instead of the sparrow retriever he bought you must have been pretty hard on him yesterday.I think we may have to hunt from the sportcraft when the divers show up I think its the only thing thats gonna carry all renners shotgun shells for the day.

Jeff Sherman

At least 12 of those shells was at a crippled he was chasing pretty much all the way to Rice Bay. For a while I thought he trucked it to the arbour in dover for lunch. I gotta give him credit. He left me in the blind with a single shot 3" mossberg when another 8 geese came 25 yards over my head and hung there because of the wind. Too bad he never left me with any 3 inch shells, cause he used them all up and all I had was 3 1/2 shells in my pocket. The funny thing is he got one of them..lol. 50 shots is what he told you... Add another box and a half from my gun. Have a talk with the Beaver and get him a gun! If he doesn't get one soon, I'm going to start a post labelled "GET RENNER A GUN"!

All I can say is thaks for the hunt John:D The last time I hunted ducks at the lake u could use lead!! (18+ years ago) And I thought I could knock em down with my 20:D The old 12G Mossburg pump wouldnt eject the shell casing after the first shot, talk about frustrating[}:)] Looks like a new gun, and a trip to the range for some needed practice. Like anything it sure looks and sounds easier than it is, so my hats off to the guys who make it look easy. We lost no ducks or Geese, but I can hardly walk today from chasing a couple cripples across the bay in knee high water.

I think Sherman is frustrated from the non stop questions about guns, ammo, ducks and tactics[}:)] I wouldnt even let him sleep and dream about the LuLu lemon girls on the way home from BPS today:D

I am a lucky guy to have such good friends to hunt, fish and learn from.

John you only get 7,8 and 10 color leadcore on my boat from now on:D no handing of to Ollie

Renner

I hope brad didn't pick out his camo all by himself Sherman!
That pink camo from over in the ladies section don't blend in too well8D
I got my old faithful 3" pump that you can use Renner, at least it'll bang 3 shells off
I've shot alot of everything with it, So no excuses next time!!!

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks