Walleye - Elbow - Sunday, August 3rd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
John (Canvasback) joined me this morning to fish the Elbow. We started at about 8:30 am and pulled the lines at noon, catching 7 eyes. Two came off a single downrigger down 47' with an NK28, 2 off a single 10 colour lead core with a worm harness and 3 off our two Dipsies using Greasy Chicken Wing spoons back 125 and 150 feet on #3. Unfortunately none of the fish were the size we would have preferred but it was a whole lot better than the first times out when we didn't catch any pickerel. Some boats were reporting better catches.

great catch may I ask how deep of water you were in going out tomorrow am with my wife
Hi erie feeln.....we caught most of them pretty deep. We motored to the Elbow gas well and started setting up up in 65 fow but we were in 85 feet once we completed getting the 4 rods out. We got a double and a single out there in quick order and didn't turn back until we were in 90 fow. We caught one more walleye out there. We than figured we were getting a little too deep and started heading north catching 2 more. It was now past 11:00 and we decided we had enough fish and started trolling towards the barn (Port Dover). We picked up the 7th fish just before noon in about 65 fow and decided to pull the rods and run in.

The elbow is an area we fish in the outer bay of long point bay. Select the home tab of this site then select maps. You will see gps coordinates for the gas well at the elbow. Be safe out there

Dave

Hi erie feeln.....we caught most of them pretty deep. We motored to the Elbow gas well and started setting up up in 65 fow but we were in 85 feet once we completed getting the 4 rods out. We got a double and a single out there in quick order and didn't turn back until we were in 90 fow. We caught one more walleye out there. We than figured we were getting a little too deep and started heading north catching 2 more. It was now past 11:00 and we decided we had enough fish and started trolling towards the barn (Port Dover). We picked up the 7th fish just before noon in about 65 fow and decided to pull the rods and run in.
Great report guys that's not a bad day at all! I'll be looking forward to getting out there this week

I was out Saturday and got 4 nice eyes. A couple closer to the eating size this time too. Lost a giant at the boat.
We did well in shallower eater too as shallow as 50 fow. That's where the smaller fish were caught. Charter on the radio sounded like nanticoke was the place to be.

Thinking about heading to elbow and east tomorrow , anybody know how far dwn the lake below the 5 mile they were fishing ? and still fishing the 52-80 ft ?

awesome day today. fished with a good friend thanks Nathan we went 5 for 9 great day and a few big hogs wifes happy happy lol good eating size too.leadcore was a hit 8 and 10 color.

oops today was Monday 8 till 1130 then winds picked up.
Congrats erie feeln, sounds like you had a great morning. I noticed the branches swaying but I was in Hamilton and didn't know if the breeze was general or just local.

We were out Sunday evening for a quick fish, we went 5 for 5 on Walleye all in 30 minutes action. We set up at about 8:30 at the gas well at 8:30 and ended with a double header at 9 when we pulled and headed back to Dover. We had two on a 107 Dipsey #3 setting 150 feet back with Live Target gold and black, one on 6 colour lead core Bomber green holgraphic, one off the rigger green holographic body bait 45' down, and one off a medium dipsey 200' out with a Riplin Redfin white with chartreuse. Great action, the screen was full of fish, fish weighed between 3.75 to 8.75#. Monday ended up with one around 8# 55' down off the rigger with a wonderbread coloured spoon, no body baits produced.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks