Walleye - Elbow - Saturday, July 16th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We figured Burwell would be too busy and it was too nice to stay home. Albert and I figured we would try the Elbow area of LPB for the first time this season. The results of 3 hours of effort was one 7.75 pound 28-1/2 inch walleye and 7 sheephead. Albert caught the eye off the rigger in 70 fow down 40 feet on a brass/black/orange NK28. I apologize for the bloody photo.

AlbertJuly16_2011.jpg

Nice to see someone finally picked up something out there Arnie.Sure is tough fishing off the point anymore.Many boats out that way?

Kirk

Kirk, I was surprised to see about a half dozen boats between Nanticoke and the Elbow. "Osprey" had 2 walleye in the box when we talked last. I didn't hear anyone on channel "68" fishing the Lighthouse.
quote:
Originally posted by kirkplewes

Nice to see someone finally picked up something out there Arnie.Sure is tough fishing off the point anymore.Many boats out that way?

Kirk

Fished the same area noon till five. One 71/2 lb walleye off the rigger down 40 in 90 ft on a black and green coloured spoon Nice day on the water.

Roy meade

Nice one guy's.
Arnie, was there anything interesting on the fish finder? Wondering what's going on out there!

Brian (Legend Man)

Brian, we marked fish starting in 45 fow and that lasted non stop until 70 fow where we started to mark fewer but caught the walleye. Most of the marks were in the top 35 feet but the smelt were on the bottom. The problem is that the sonar does not tell you if they are sheephead, white perch, or walleye.
quote:
Originally posted by jumbos

Nice one guy's.
Arnie, was there anything interesting on the fish finder? Wondering what's going on out there!

Brian (Legend Man)

So Arnie,

you couldn't find them east of LP we couldn't find them West of there...where did they go to...the eyes that is8D
Wish Burwell was closer so I can do couple search and destroy missions8D
Parking lot was jammed yesterday morning, hardly a place to park my car....and almost no reports from Saturday....that says it all...got to find them...;)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks