Fishing Report Walleye - Elbow/Five Mile - Saturday, July 16th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished the Elbow to the Five Mile out of Port Dover this morning targeting walleye. Pretty slow overall with mostly white bass providing any action. We fished 55' out to 83' and back to 45 fow. We only landed one walleye but lost a couple behind the boat with all of the pickerel action closer to the Five Mile shoal. A few boats were communicating via VHF and from the sounds of things three fish or less was pretty well the norm while we were out. Our limited walleye action came on Flicker Minnow body baits and worm harnesses. Fished with Albert and Icefisherman today.

We started quick with two Silver about 1 km east of the elbow and ended up with one 11# Walleye, 5# Rainbow and one more Silver after a long pause in between the first two. Spoons (purple) may body baits worked. Lots of fish marked but locked jaws on most of them.

This area has been like a box of chocolates lately. You never know what you're gonna get. Over the last few trips I've boated walleye, bows, cohos, chinooks, lake trout and even a musky in 90 fow. I've also seen and heard of a pike and brown trout on Saturday. Pretty awesome fishery right now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks