Fishing Report Walleye/Bows - LPB Lighthouse - Wednesday, August 12th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A beauty of a day but not great for walleye in the Long Point Bay Lighthouse area. We fished 4 lines using worm harnesses, spoons, body baits including gold/black RRF's fins top to bottom from 38 to 85 fow using riggers with long leads and two dipsy's. We caught 1 walleye which hit a gold/black RRF 110 feet back on a dipsy in 47 fow. We did have action provided by Rainbow trout which loved hitting a small fire/tiger Hot-n-Tot but let me assure you that hooking and landing a bow on that body bait is not easy. We never did land one on the Hot-n-tot but managed to get one in the boat that hit a gold/black RRF down 45 feet about 125 feet back in 55 fow. We fished 4 hours in total and still enjoyed being out there.

Was out there also,the other half got a walleye on a fat body crank bait loaded with worms on planer board.15 feet at most ,bugs were awful headed to buff bar for a swim.Got a large pike there.Great day to be on the water !

@Duck Soup it was nice to see you and Albert there today. We couldn’t buy a walleye today but we did get a nice 3-4lb rainbow. I’ve never caught so many sheephead and silvers as we did today. Fished from 55’ all the way out to 110’. It’s been a tough season out there, hoping the pike season won’t be the same.

@Duck Soup it was nice to see you and Albert there today. We couldn’t buy a walleye today but we did get a nice 3-4lb rainbow. I’ve never caught so many sheephead and silvers as we did today. Fished from 55’ all the way out to 110’. It’s been a tough season out there, hoping the pike season won’t be the same.
Yes Jim, I can certainly relate. I met a friend coming in at the marina yesterday who was pike fishing at Bluff Bar. He and his wife caught 3 walleye.

fished 2p-7p 48-90ft at Elbow, washed a lot of lures and RRF, best luck 50-53ft on 6 colour on blue/silver NK28 trolling with wind, landed 5 eyes and 2 silvers, no action on dypseys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks