Walleye/Bow - Elbow - Tuesday, July 3rd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert & I fished the Elbow this morning from 8:30 am until 11:30 am. We caught 1 - 10 pound Rainbow in 62 fow on a Pink Panties spoon down 37 feet and 1 - 5 pound walleye on a Greasy Chicken Wing spoon 90 feet back of a #1 dispsy on #3 setting in 58 fow. We had 3 hits.
ArnoldBowJuly3_12.jpg

Good use of the nice weather Arnie. Seems there are still some good fish in your back yard...hope more move in to save you the trip to Burwell. Really nice bow.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Good talking to you today Arnie. We finaly found a few fish on our troll southwest. Marked a few fish that would not hit so I finaly changed up to the harnesses again even though Friday all they would touch were spoons. Boated four eyes and one of three bows along with some sheep and bass. All the eyes took a harness on a 6 core. The bows hit core with blue silver RR/ diver and monkey puke spoon/ rigger with a watermellon spoon all at different depths. All fish were in water between 70 and 80'. Covered a lot of water to boat a few fish but Its still nice to wake up and be in the water within 1/2 hour. Next week I'm going to run out to deep water east of the tip. Should be bows there if nothing else.

South Coast Sportfishing

Norv....what were you using as bait on your 6 core. I ran my favourite yellow/black spinner and gulp worm combo on 6 & 7 colour for an hour each without a touch...not even a sheephead.
quote:
Originally posted by sea star

Good talking to you today Arnie. We finaly found a few fish on our troll southwest. Marked a few fish that would not hit so I finaly changed up to the harnesses again even though Friday all they would touch were spoons. Boated four eyes and one of three bows along with some sheep and bass. All the eyes took a harness on a 6 core. The bows hit core with blue silver RR/ diver and monkey puke spoon/ rigger with a watermellon spoon all at different depths. All fish were in water between 70 and 80'. Covered a lot of water to boat a few fish but Its still nice to wake up and be in the water within 1/2 hour. Next week I'm going to run out to deep water east of the tip. Should be bows there if nothing else.

South Coast Sportfishing

A harness with two copper coulored blades and orange/black and red beads. The blades have slashes of black on them a well. This colour of harness has been very good the past couple of years out here. I've been using real nightcrawlers . So far when I've used the artificial worms I've had no success even if I put both on to bulk up the presentation. I've running at around 2.2 on the GPS.....slower has not been taking fish for some reason.

South Coast Sportfishing

Thanks Norv...I've done OK with both Target and Gulp worms but agree the real ones are better. I'll try 2.2 MPH next time out. I was mostly at 2.5 but caught the Bow at 3.0. I like your colour combo and will buy it if ever I see one.
quote:
Originally posted by sea star

A harness with two copper coulored blades and orange/black and red beads. The blades have slashes of black on them a well. This colour of harness has been very good the past couple of years out here. I've been using real nightcrawlers . So far when I've used the artificial worms I've had no success even if I put both on to bulk up the presentation. I've running at around 2.2 on the GPS.....slower has not been taking fish for some reason.

South Coast Sportfishing

Back