Walleye at Burwell winding down?

onmedic

Fishing has slowed right down for bows and eyes. reports have not been good, guys i know who have been out have not done well.
It started early so is it winding down early and not much fishing left?
Not sure how long we will be able to get out of the marine anyway, under 2 feet in spots! begs the question, what happened to dredging?

Any thoughts ?

quote:
Originally posted by onmedic

Fishing has slowed right down for bows and eyes. reports have not been good, guys i know who have been out have not done well.
It started early so is it winding down early and not much fishing left?
Not sure how long we will be able to get out of the marine anyway, under 2 feet in spots! begs the question, what happened to dredging?

Any thoughts ?

Yep same question here as I am about to start my 5 days chase for eyes off Burwell tomorrow. Almost no reports lately...are they all gone and in US waters by now?
Would appreciate an update to help me locate some this week...

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Go to Leamington,drive south in 30ft along Point Pelee,start fishing about 2.5 miles north of the point if the wind permits you to go that direction.I fished there 5 times in the last 10 days and pulled 72 walleye mostly in the 2-4lbrange.The fish have been in that spot for the last 3 weeks that i know of.Good luck.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Thanks for the tip bigrod,If you dont mind me asking whats the program for those eyes?small boards and bottom bouncers with wormharnesses or cranks.Thanks in advance.

I hope that they are still here . Last year we caught them into the 2nd week of Sept . Everytime i tried to go out in the last 2 weeks the winds have been to high . I think the lack of reports is due to the lake being to rough . Last time i was out we had to go 15 miles south of Bruce .I need a calm day to go that far . The charter boats are still go out . Good luck Icefisherman hope u have good weather .

Thanks guys,

report will follow for sure at the end of the trip Sunday/Monday...may even manage to post one before that if I find wireless connection at Burwell...

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I think people are writing the eye season off a little early as I was pulling in eyes into late September last year out of Burwell,I was last out on the holiday weekend and Monday was a great day,went out to 63-65' and did great,even landed a 14lb eye which is big these days and since then the weather up till I left to come down to Philly was brutal,last Sat there was 8' waves and all this weather will drive them deep as well as scatter the bait fish. I am hoping things have ccalmed down enough to get the eyes and bait fish back suspended in schools for the upcoming weekend,as long as we get some good erie fishing weather the bite will be back on. Cheers and good luck the rest of the way.
Cheers

daveleitch

Tcat,inline boards,inline weights and bottom bouncers,use both till you figure out what they want.Bring LOTS of worms and leave the cranks at home.They are still catching them as of yesterday.Good luck.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

quote:
Originally posted by icefisherman

Thanks guys,

report will follow for sure at the end of the trip Sunday/Monday...may even manage to post one before that if I find wireless connection at Burwell...

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I believe the east beach in burwell has wireless.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks