Fishing Report Walleye at Burwell Saturday Sept 16 2017

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Icemaker and myself headed out of Burwell this morning and headed south to 57 FOW. We weren't disappointed. After figuring out how to actually get a fish in the boat we went 7 for 15 in 3 hours.NK Blue/silver and NK greasy chicken worked the best. Didn't seem to matter whether it was the rigger or the dipsey they fired equal. 44 feet on the riggers and 175 back on 3 setting on the dipsey's. All the fish were the same year class we have been catching all summer with the exception of 1 hog we lost due to, well several reasons really. Icemaker said that he has been fishing Lake Erie for many many years and that fish was the biggest walleye he has seen. We guessed as it was hanging from the net by the lure that it would of been 15 lbs. Oh well it was to big anyway although a picture would of been nice...lol. The bugs were the worse we had seen them for a long time but there is still a lot fish out there just a little deeper. Great day out with my 87 year old Dad once again !! :)

IMG_9814.JPG
Icemaker and myself headed out of Burwell this morning and headed south to 57 FOW. We weren't disappointed. After figuring out how to actually get a fish in the boat we went 7 for 15 in 3 hours.NK Blue/silver and NK greasy chicken worked the best. Didn't seem to matter whether it was the rigger or the dipsey they fired equal. 44 feet on the riggers and 175 back on 3 setting on the dipsey's. All the fish were the same year class we have been catching all summer with the exception of 1 hog we lost due to, well several reasons really. Icemaker said that he has been fishing Lake Erie for many many years and that fish was the biggest walleye he has seen. We guessed as it was hanging from the net by the lure that it would of been 15 lbs. Oh well it was to big anyway although a picture would of been nice...lol. The bugs were the worse we had seen them for a long time but there is still a lot fish out there just a little deeper. Great day out with my 87 year old Dad once again !! :)
Nice report @kirkplewes,and sorry to read about the loss of the Trophy Walleye,by @Icemaker.Now that the wind has settled down again that originally Hurricane Harvey caused all the Walleye's to scatter with those strong winds that came our way,the Walleye's have schooled up again,but are now in deeper water by your report and from @Wave Runner,& @mick.This is usually the "Pattern" on Lake Erie that I have noticed over the year's for this time of year.I can't wait to get back out there again next week,to use my Downrigger,and flatlining,and also to try my different colour of spoons and body baits. Tight Lines to Everyone & Walleye's ON!! (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks