Walk-Outs

Geordon

Just curious if anyone has been using the walkouts and seeing any birds? Hoping to make the long trek this weekend. Thanks in advance. Was thinking of 5 or 42.

Hey Geordon.... walkouts have been getting a few birds. Walkouts 3 and 4 can no longer be assessed by foot due to high water. That leaves
1,2,5,6,7,41 and 43. Having a canoe as a backup might be a good idea.

Hello Geordon,

This is Thanksgiving Weekend and the unit will be busy!

I would suggest that you come down during the week so that you have a good chance of getting a "walk out" blind and maybe even a chance to choose between two or more blinds.

I know from the past (many years ago) that Saturdays are not worth the drive down just to drive back home after all the "walk out" blinds are taken.

If you come down Friday afternoon and sleep over then you will have a good chance but if you come down early Saturday morning ... expect the worse.

Jerome

Thanks Jerome. I totally forgot thus was even long weekend. Through the week is tough. May have to call in sick one day. Lol

There is a reservation process for obtaining blinds as well....application must be received 15 day prior to hunt date though

Hey Geordon.... walkouts have been getting a few birds. Walkouts 3 and 4 can no longer be assessed by foot due to high water. That leaves
1,2,5,6,7,41 and 43. Having a canoe as a backup might be a good idea.
With the high water can we still access blind #3 going down Blind #2 trail ???

No.....due to high water a trail was not cut past blind 2 this year. Blind 3 and 4 access is by boat only

Thanks for the help on tha one wet footwilly

I have never hunted the unit yet just getting into waterfowl

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks