Off Topic Vinyl flooring

FrankProbst

Time to dump the carpet. Where do you guys buy your vinyl boat flooring. Thanks in a advance. ?

I just received my order from JT's Outdoor fabrics in Barrie - On-line ordering was real easy - I felt the price was decent and was delivered in a couple of days - Quality is awesome - Real happy with the product - I tried a number of businesses but they either didn't have any flooring couldn't get it or they were in the USA and shipping was ridiculous

I did the floor in a boat I owned about 3 or 4 years ago. I ordered the vinyl from Proctor Marine. I don't remember how much it was but it couldn't have been to bad because apparently I'm cheap according to the better half.

I know Heritage Marine in London can order it. Depends where you live. Where ever you get it make sure it's Marine grade vinyl.

Roofing supplier has better stuff and better adhesive spar marathon carries outdoor flat roof material that I have used

Roofing, share your knowledge.

Surprisingly we purchased vinyl last year to match our floor vinyl at Len's Mill Store in Woodstock. Think it was about $10 per yard and matches perfectly to our floor.

Forget Heritage Marine in London - they haven't got any in stock and can't get it as per my discussion with them a couple of weeks ago due to their supplier is closed down till further notice

If anyone is close to Hamilton, Brewers Marine is a distributor for many marinas, as well as being open to the public. That's where I bought my flooring and glue two years ago.

I ordered mine from JT's in Barrie as well great selection. I replaced the whole floor in my Crestliner. Make sure you use the proper glue to lay it down. I made the mistake of using 3M spray contact cement and its garbage when its super hot out the flooring will bubble up a bit. I don't think it truly sets up properly.

I ordered mine from JT's in Barrie as well great selection. I replaced the whole floor in my Crestliner. Make sure you use the proper glue to lay it down. I made the mistake of using 3M spray contact cement and its garbage when its super hot out the flooring will bubble up a bit. I don't think it truly sets up properly.
When you replaced the carpet with vinyl were the gaps in your panels ok? Some guys are saying the Vinyl is thinner then the carpet and it makes gaps in the panels.

When you replaced the carpet with vinyl were the gaps in your panels ok? Some guys are saying the Vinyl is thinner then the carpet and it makes gaps in the panels.
I originally had vinyl but had some subfloor soft spots so had to replace the subfloor as well. Rotted from the bottom edges, when you pull up the carpet you might want to check that out before putting. If you're panels are in good condition and are afraid of ending up with gaps you could tighten up the panels and drill new hole locations to be safe.

Yeah the plywood panel over my fuel tank was bad around the edges - Had to replace that one section

Joe Dale Custom Stitch in Nilestown,,,, I ordered vinyl for my Lund and he matched it perfectly, also had a whole lot of colours to choose from...
I also bought mine from joe dale. Samples to pick colour and he ordered it in. Arrived quick. I am heading back to joe dale next week to buy some black canvas to replace the awning on the house. Misses request lol

Thanks guys. As always, I really appreciate all the great advice on this forum. I ordered the vinyl from Joe Dale and I’m using twodogs suggestion to use weatherstripping around the outside of the plywood to fill in gaps.

Thanks guys. As always, I really appreciate all the great advice on this forum. I ordered the vinyl from Joe Dale and I’m using twodogs suggestion to use weatherstripping around the outside of the plywood to fill in gaps.
Frank.I agree JTs in Barrie is the best service and variety of material. I bought my vinyl flooring and material for my mooring cover. They have a great selection and delivered to the front door within 2 days.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks