video ..cops called to bluffers park marina while pike fishing

live2fish

interesting video with Shaun Rickard fishing in Bluffers park marina, and been told to leave. The marina eventually called the cops. If you scroll to the bottom of the YouTube page there is a Radio interview with Reno Viola, former Minister of Natural resources, Jerry Oulette and Sean and also a link to
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, Section 13. Know your rights as an angler: and Contact Bluffers Park Marina and let them know what you think about their illegal actions and bully boy tactics towards anglers http://www.bluffersparkmarina.ca/contact-us/

I am sure some people that keep their boats there (probably some on this very board?) would be mad if people are fishing near theirs... but.. if they aren't causing damage, or in the way of boat traffic I don't see the big deal?

just found this update on

Shaun Rickard's Outdoor Adventures
December 17 at 11:38 AM ·
ATTENTION ALL CANADIAN ANGLERS: A quick update on this situation, or a lack thereof unfortunately. I reported this incident to the MNR on October 12th 2018, along with similar and much more serious incidents which have occurred in this area for over 20 years now. I was subsequently assigned an investigating Officer. Just to clarify, the MNR is government agency who are responsible for enforcing Section 13 of The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, and are deemed by law to deal with such offences, issues and complaints. However, it looks like this incident, as with the previous incidents I have reported, have been brushed under the carpet once again. I never even received a response from the officer to my last request for an update as to how the case was progressing. The response from the MNR officer assigned to my case has been very disappointing to say the least, with a clear lack of empathy or concern for the illegal actions of Bluffers Park Marina. I'm not sure, and will not speculate here as to what is going on here, but once again, despite being caught on camera this time around, Bluffers Park Marina do not appear to be receiving charges or even a caution under Section 13 of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, or even being held accountable for their illegal harassment of Anglers while they are fishing legally for that matter. Remember, even the Police have clearly stated, as they have many times before, that we were perfectly within our legal rights to fish in this area. Yet, we were the ones stopped, ID'd, inconvenienced and questioned by the Police. The Police did not even set foot on shore to speak to the marina, now that is just strange don't you think?

HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT ANGLERS RIGHTS ACROSS CANADA: The video I have posted here has received a fair bit of traction over the past two months, however I would like to see if we can get a few thousand more views so we can use it to make a case(video is not monetized), and more importantly I need comments. Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below the video (you will need to scroll down). I would love it if some of you could also share any similar incidents you may have experienced yourselves at Bluffers Park Marina. If we can get enough views and comments, I plan to use this video as a petition of sorts that may force the MNR to take action. Not only against Bluffers Park Marina, but also any other businesses or individuals across Canada who violate the above Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act laws.

Thank you for your help!

I had the same problem down at bronte but I keeped on fishing and the people drinking on their boats called the police but I didn't move.Nice Video Shawn.

Access to fishers glen creek on a public road has been restricted for a few years now. They actually have a gate that closes the road off.

The same thing happens with Long Point Bay Company and Orillia Marinas in the Atherley Narrows.
The Long Point Bay Company will chase you out the water area.
The Orillia Atherley Narrows marinas have placed ropes and jugs across the water entrees.

Canada has a tricky system when it comes to water rights. According to the Navigable Waters Act, the Crown owns the lake and river beds of any water that can be navigated, so that those water bodies are public property up to the high water mark.

BUT then there are old crown land grants that cede lake bed rights, plus charters and grants given to companies like LPBC. Some old cottages have complicated water rights, and marinas are often convinced they too have water bed rights. Commercial harbors have different rights than recreational marinas.

In short, it's a cluster cuss.

I spend a lot of time on beaches all across North and Central America. I stick by the high water mark rule. Of all the places I've been, Ontario is the most backwards about public water access.

I regularly fish the marinas in long point if weather is bad. They have tried to say it private land but it's not. Navigable water is crown. I do understand the company has a different agreement. When they tried to kick me out of the marinas I politely declined and continued fishing. They said they would call police and I offered to provide the number. At the same time we need to be respectful of boats and slips and water traffic but there is no harm fishing these areas except a few old dinosaurs

Show me the tax bill for the property tax
If its states the pay on the water as well as on land than they own it till than I just laugh
Most Marinas have the entitlement mentality and a lot of cottage owners as well
But I do agree with boat owners in the marinas who don't like chunks of lead thrown at the hulls of the boats I would not like it either if I had my boat parked
Im getting older now to put up with bs my bucket of tolerance is getting lower so I stoped fishing in those arias
Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas everyone. I try my best to accommodate anglers fishing within the marina basin. The concern I have is casting into boathouses or on top of boats in the open dockage areas. Every year I have to deal with fishing lines wrapped around boathouse doors, hooks/lures in the back of boat seats and countless other situations. I've had anglers fishing in the power up channel, unwilling to move and flipping the finger at everyone trying to leave or enter the marina. I could care less who owns the water, I kindly ask them to fish the center of the cuts, some co-operate others don't. I try my best to approach every situation as an opportunity to enlighten anglers on those concerns. Hopefully anyone fishing within the Old Cut Marina channels / cuts can take that into consideration. At the end of the day, I would prefer that anglers do not fish inside the marina basin, strictly due to the headaches it causes me. I have no interest in restricting any boaters water rights, even though we own under the cuts. It still remains a gray area. Peace to all in 2019.

George Summers
Old Cut Marina Ltd.

Merry Christmas everyone. I try my best to accommodate anglers fishing within the marina basin. The concern I have is casting into boathouses or on top of boats in the open dockage areas. Every year I have to deal with fishing lines wrapped around boathouse doors, hooks/lures in the back of boat seats and countless other situations. I've had anglers fishing in the power up channel, unwilling to move and flipping the finger at everyone trying to leave or enter the marina. I could care less who owns the water, I kindly ask them to fish the center of the cuts, some co-operate others don't. I try my best to approach every situation as an opportunity to enlighten anglers on those concerns. Hopefully anyone fishing within the Old Cut Marina channels / cuts can take that into consideration. At the end of the day, I would prefer that anglers do not fish inside the marina basin, strictly due to the headaches it causes me. I have no interest in restricting any boaters water rights, even though we own under the cuts. It still remains a gray area. Peace to all in 2019.

George Summers
Old Cut Marina Ltd.
That's understood sir for sure however we are all not novice anglers. Fishing docks and or marinas is quite popular elsewhere but needs to be done respectful. Trying to fish these areas during busy hours of boat traffic is just not worth it. If you notice above it's a place to tuck when weather is nasty hence low to no boat traffic and a good time. I have fished these areas for years and cant remember the last time I took a chunk out of someone's boat or even hit a boathouse for that matter.
My point is some of these marina owner/operators and users as well seem have no respect at all fisherman. Could be from bad experiences or a entitled thing.

I completely agree. I will make note that our seasoned anglers generally are not an issue and stay clear of the boathouses and docks.. Moreover, its our novice anglers that find themselves with a lure wrapped around a dock as I come upon. But I have learned, showering them with "rainbows and unicorns" is a better approach.

George.

This is a common point of discussion with anglers on Lake St.Clair and on Rondeau Bay. I have yet to hear a definitive response for either area. I believe that some of the clubs on LSC do have water rights granted from years old leases and gov't agreements. Rondeau the same, but I have no idea where you go or who you talk to for clarity.
On LSC, there are boundary stakes for Walpole which is the native reserve. You have to have a band licence to fish those waters. I've heard people argue that the water is public and they can fish there without a licence from the band.
My response has always been...go ahead...and see just how bad how fast your day can go.....:cool:

Great video - thanks for sharing. Educational. At the end of the day - boater, marina owner, boater docked in a marina - RESPECT. If someone is causing no harm and doing whatever they choose to do, within the rights of the law - respectfully - have at it.

Just curious - did you have all your SHIT on board? Next time I get pulled over on the water for a safety check - should I simply respond - I have all my shit. Will they know what all my shit is?

Merry Christmas
Balleye

This video isn’t of me!! It’s of Shaun Rickard. I figured I’d share it since it’s got good links at the bottom of his video page (might not be able to see that if using a phone to view this?), and it’s educational.

People mention respect numerous times. In this world we live in there is no respect for anyone/anything. Water, roads, work place, stores, parking lots,families, neighbors etc. etc. this list can go on forever. There is no respect or appreciation of anything these days, I'm done with
it all.

People mention respect numerous times. In this world we live in there is no respect for anyone/anything. Water, roads, work place, stores, parking lots,families, neighbors etc. etc. this list can go on forever. There is no respect or appreciation of anything these days, I'm done with
it all.
Welcome to the age of Entitlement, No Loyalty and Humans behaving Badly. I hope in my next life I'm a "House Cat". My preferred name will be "Fuzzy Mittens".....Happy New Year to all in 2019!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks