Venison Kielbasa

Octavius Brine

A bit of a freezer cleanup- some venison that was given to me by my favourite aunt and uncle, some fatty pork trim and one fresh picnic shoulder. @stomp that’s where mine ended up from the no frills deal :)

It was a perfect night to smoke the kielbasa too. The dogs and I just hung out and enjoyed! The new pup helped dig my fire pit :ROFLMAO:

Taste is fantastic. Colour is a bit more red than all pork. I only had enough venison for 25% of the meat.

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpeg
    IMG_8853.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8845.jpeg
    IMG_8845.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8841.jpeg
    IMG_8841.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8837.jpeg
    IMG_8837.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 59
Thanks Ozzy. It gets a bit annoying by the end of the smoking time as you try and creep the meat temperature up without raising the smoker temperature too high and melting all the fat.

I do sort of a 130F heavy smoke, then raise it up towards 170F and finally get impatient and finish it briefly around 200F.

And as soon as it’s done- shower the sausage with the garden hose and cool it down.

Thanks Ozzy. It gets a bit annoying by the end of the smoking time as you try and creep the meat temperature up without raising the smoker temperature too high and melting all the fat.

I do sort of a 130F heavy smoke, then raise it up towards 170F and finally get impatient and finish it briefly around 200F.

And as soon as it’s done- shower the sausage with the garden hose and cool it down.
Yup it’s a fine line to to cook but not melt that fat.I quench mine in a ice water bath.

love that smoker, very ingenious !!!
Thanks! Haha yes Outdorman, it's the latest model. No wifi or bluetooth on it, this one operates with a lawn chair, an old spade to move the coals around and your beverage of choice. And this little batch was almost a waste of time for it! It can handle 40 pounds no problem.

Ozzy you are absolutely right. It's still tasty if it melts but then you have like a grilled sausage on a bun type of thing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks