Varadero Soon. Help

Phantom

Taking a few rods down. Going deep sea, at least twice.
Bringing steel line and salmon lures. Spin docter/ fly.
Jan 10 0n.
Any tips. Besides tip the capt.

I jealous, good luck, don't forget a wide brim hat and plenty of sunblock. Nothing to spoil a vacation like sunburn.

Pretty much any charter you may arrange will supply tackle and bait/lures ...tip the crew not the captain :)

There are charter guys there and here that won't let you use your tackle. They want success and have confidence in, and not many salmon down there. Maybe bring a few spoons and ask them. I wouldn't bother personally.

Ive been on many a charters down south, trust me. Dont bring youre freshwater stuff, they will look at it and say get that crap off my boat and then think youre a tard for bringing youre stuff all the way on a plane. Like WTP said, they have all there own salty setup and gear. Youre paying them to get the best possible outcome. They know what there doing and how to do it with THERE equipment. Bringing youre own gear on a charters boat (especially down south salty) is like bringing a butter knife to a sword fight.

Jamie, exactly what is a tard? If it's what I think it is we don't use language like that here. I've never seen it used here and it offends me, it's 2014, that's so 50 years ago.

mexico or cuba? I agree leave ur stuff at home! I always give them incentive based gifts "get me four fish n u can have my polarized glasses" u would be amazed how hard they work when they know there"s something in it fer them. bring em big swivels. hoochie skirts,hooks especially cuba its hard fer them to get any of that stuff thanks to the damm yankees! take gravol it dont hurt if u dont need it!

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated. I will now leave my deep gear at home. Will bring some terminal tackle for the charter that they can keep. And a few lures just in case. Already have some nice fishin caps for them.
Is a hoochie skirt similar to a fly or squid?

I did fish Varadero 13-14 years ago. The gear was not good. Third line was a wire, tied to a home made snubber and then a rope. I was told to hold on to the end.

A tard. lol Good way to put it. Gave me a chuckle.

Some polarized glasses is a good idea. But there not getting my Blue Water Optics.

image.jpgHoochie skirts r squid imitation then a hook n bait. Got this toothy critter in domincan couple weeks ago

Your fresh water gear will never look the same after salt water use, is not made for it my friend, and gear on the charter boats is of a good quality, some salt water terminal tackle that they can keep, as well as good fishing line, gloves, or gifts for their families, is a good tip.
" The gear was not good. Third line was a wire, tied to a home made snubber and then a rope. I was told to hold on to the end." This is my favorite way to fish for a big wahoo. This time of the year they are deep, and leaded rope is one of the ways to get to them. Tips from guys are right on. Stay well and have fun out there.

Roman G

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks