Using light line......

B

big rod

After living in Colchester full time for the last two years i have been doing some beach walks after we get gnarly winds from the south, i would like to thank fellow anglers for using too light of line. During that two year period i have found 103 body baits, Off Shore board, kids toys a poop emogi, musky jaw, dead deer, possums, coons, mute swans, ducks, duck decoys, bald eagle feathers ,red-tail hawk, floats, fishing rods, jet planers, coolers ,sandals, beer coozis, half full bottles of booze. The best lure so far was a Creek Chub musky/pike lure made in 1924. Keep your rod up and tight lines.1599418714567.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is amazing. I live in port franks and have walked the beach in the am and have found only 2 lures in 22 years. People in Colchester must have way too much cash.Great finds 👍

Wow that is amazing. I live in port franks and have walked the beach in the am and have found only 2 lures in 22 years. People in Colchester must have way too much cash.Great finds 👍
I use to live in Park Hill and fished Pt.Franks LOTS in the late 80's, during that time there were salmon derbies from Sarnia to Grand Bend & Kincardine, derby winning salmon use to be a 29, 30 lb fish. We would find several Bomber Long A's and Bagleys Thundersticks and A.C. Shiners along the beach from Mud Creek in Pt .Franks to Ipperwash Provincal Park beach every spring. I am thinking a lot of the baits i find might get washed through the entire water system, i have found four giant musky baits down here and they must be coming from L.S.C. possibly. I don't think Huron has the number of boats out fishing now days and more fisherman use spoons ......my three cents. Gusts up to 90km down here tonight i will be beachcombing in the morning.

I use to live in Park Hill and fished Pt.Franks LOTS in the late 80's, during that time there were salmon derbies from Sarnia to Grand Bend & Kincardine, derby winning salmon use to be a 29, 30 lb fish. We would find several Bomber Long A's and Bagleys Thundersticks and A.C. Shiners along the beach from Mud Creek in Pt .Franks to Ipperwash Provincal Park beach every spring. I am thinking a lot of the baits i find might get washed through the entire water system, i have found four giant musky baits down here and they must be coming from L.S.C. possibly. I don't think Huron has the number of boats out fishing now days and more fisherman use spoons ......my three cents. Gusts up to 90km down here tonight i will be beachcombing in the morning.
Winds from the south. Waters way out atm. Might want try Tuesday morning. Although if it’s not fish able I’ll likely beat you to it....

That is a way better haul than what we get in Dover. The only thing we get here is 💩 heads with no eyes left in them, weeds and a few logs I have found over the past 30 years washing up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks