Upright Rod Holders for Lead and Dipsy Rods

Jveri

Looking for some ideas or advice on how people transport these long rods as they are heading out onto the lake. I always just had them laying on the floor and leaning up against the casting deck between my consoles but want to move them. They are always right where we want to step once we go to get set up. Does anyone have a rod holder or holders mounted in front of consoles that hold the rods upright in the air? My only worries are that the rods with dipsys on them might tangle or break each other while moving...

I have a 20 ft crestliner with a full windshield . There is just enough length on the passenger side of my boat to lay my longest rods there. I don't like to stand them up, they move too much my comfort. I also have a rod saver, velcro strap as a safety when I'm trailering.
I hope that this helps.

Mike

If I am traveling short distances on the water and have several rods set up, I will stand them up with the dipsies fastened to the rod part way down the rod with an elastic band. This will stop the banging and the tangles but allow you to be back fishing quickly.

Mike

Thanks for the ideas Drifter, my boat is only 18" with no way of laying the rods down the side. Just trying to de-clutter my boat while running from spot to spot, seems I spend more time untangling rods than anything

I used the Berkley 3 rod tube racks (http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berk...od-management-berkley-fishingear/1285939.html). I put 2 of them in the bow of the boat and stand all the rods up in front of the windshield. I keep the dipsies off of the rods until I get to depth. If you have them ready to go with the leader and spoon on them you can just snap them on quickly when you are setting up. It keeps all the rods up and out of the way and is pretty cost effective too!

I use the same 3 rod racks. I have a 16 foot boat and they keep things tidy. No gear on the rods though, just swivels.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks