Off Topic Update on Trout Fishing at Misners Dam

There are some silt retention below the top dam that have been studied and scheduled for a impact study. Converting the Misner Dam to a bottom draw was considered to high of a safety risk for others users if they fell in above the Misner Dam. The right side has a portion lower than the main portion but this is not fish accessible and was never intended to allow fish access. But who knows maybe a fish could jump 30 feet in the air and make it over.
guess i'll go for a drive to have another look----so i know what i'm talking about rather then depending on memory:unsure:

It seemed during my conversation at the Dam a petition with 1000 signatures would reopen the issue. The regs are not clear and open to discussion. I was once possible to fish on both sides.

Before the old dam was condemned lots of people would fish from the top of the dam. if you hooked into something big you made your way down the side of the dam to where the people were currently fishing to land it. When Misner Fertilizer was still operating you could park in their parking lot on the off hours and weekends and fish the other side. Further down that side there were also several boat houses you could also fish between. There was also a great spot on the other side you could walk down a fish the corner of the dam. Great place to grow up.

Seems more and more places do not want the tourist etc. Look at what’s going on Lake Simcoe on the west side of the lake and to the north. Like a $100 to launch and park your truck and trailer if you’re not from the area. I spoke with a hut operator on the east side and he said they do not plan on following suit like the west side of the lake.

Seems more and more places do not want the tourist etc. Look at what’s going on Lake Simcoe on the west side of the lake and to the north. Like a $100 to launch and park your truck and trailer if you’re not from the area. I spoke with a hut operator on the east side and he said they do not plan on following suit like the west side of the lake.
Damn right they don't want people coming to town who arent local! 40 years ago it was frowned upon to leave garbage on the river bank, and now its just been accepted. Sure everyone wants to act like a hero and complain about it but who do you actually see picking garbage up other than locals? Last time I was down at Misners fishing steelies I seen a guy come down with his custom pin and rod, rocking his ugly looking brown trout sweater and simms waders, etc. Anything you could name that guy had. I thought he was about to show me what was up, but instead I watched him smoke 3 or 4 cigarettes, toss the butts into the river, and call it a day. Just goes to show you that people are lazy and only think about themselves, and take for granted what awesome fishing we have here in Ontario.

I can usually walk out with a grocery bag full of garbage on any river I fish. If you can take it in with you, you can take it out with you.

I saw guys fishing there today. I guess the signs didn't go up yet.

This is a shame, the dam was the best spot for trout in town. Another spot ruined because of an asshole on the internet.

The same asshole that keeps every fish he catches on the pier.

I am not a facebook user. The CO told me about it and some other guy there had seen it

Anyone have experience with fighting this?

In a conversation last fall with our local C O, who is also a personal friend, I was told that if it were enforced he'd have the mayor up his butt. I guess the petition may have changed things since then.

Reactions: Jay
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks