Update on Ice Conditions at Long Point

Hello Jerome. I feel little saddened that the duck season is just about over. I looked through Ontario Out of Doors forum and some of guys were doing well in getting some ducks on Lake Ontario. So there are still more ducks around here. Think the ducks will headed north earlier this year if the warm weather persists?

Hello lcooper,

Most of the Inner Bay is open and Coletta Bay is wide open with the last bit of ice near my seawall melting this morning with the sun.

I have about 180 Tundra Swans (maybe a bit more) roosting behind my house making a lot of noise all night long for the last few weeks. I do not think that they will be flying down to North Carolina for the open season this year if the mild weather keeps up.

A small gouup of Redheads also visit my backyard to feed with the Tundra Swans in the mornings. I have seen a lot of Redheads this year ... more than I have seen over the past 33 years combined!

I also shot as many Redheads this year than I have shot over the past 33 years combined.

Long Point is certainly the place to be for Canvasbacks and Redheads.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks