Uber Fishing?

can't miss

Winter net seem's to be slow this year? I see London town's battle over Uber cab's heating up, could this happen with the Charter fishing business?
Fish alone often, maybe taking a passenger could cover my ramp, bait, gas, $$? I do realize there are a lot of reg's, insurances, ect, governing the charter business, but there are a lot of reg's in all the other industries that have been uber'd? Just looking for a discussion?

I do invites quite often during the season,I am insured to the hilt,an know my boat ,an the lake very well,I have made some great new friends by doing so,as well as teaching an learning new tricks along the way,there is a lot of old guy,s out there just waiting to go along:):rolleyes::censored::censored::censored:(y):whistle::pompous::pompous::pompous::pompous::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think its a great idea !
I've used the "open Seat available" on 6-8 in the past, and have nothing bad to say about going out with complete strangers and now have a couple new friends from those experiences. I have fished with HORTY & MAESTRO LAKER several times, and have had invites from others but weather or timing didn't work out.

My boat isn't big enough for the great lakes (or I'm not foolish enough any more to take it out ?)
I started fishing Erie , with friends / co-workers etc. that had bigger boats. The issue with that wasn't lack of experience fishing erie or walleye, but was a lack of respect or fear of what the lake can do. as well as proper gear ...IE compass, gps, radio, etc.

I found that the majority of people on 6/8 are better prepared, more serious, and have a little more common sense than the guys (co-workers) I used to go out with.

I strongly recommend joining 6/8 members if opportunity comes available .
(first time I go with someone new ...I always take my handheld vhf and gps, just incase they are unprepared.)

Charter fishing is already like an Uber business. You own everything . Your independent to set your pricing. There is no "dispatch". Charter fishing has regulation to follow under transport Canada but after that you are on your own. There is no territory.
Before I started chartering I use to post empty seats. It was a great way to meet people.

Couldn't agree more with puddlejumper. It's been a pleasure to get to know passionate fisherman and learn a few things along the way. I've had the luxury of fishing with Horty a few times as well and good fun.

Back