TURKEY HUNT

Gunner_1

Anyone getting pumped up for the turkey hunt
seeing some birds around now haven't seen much
all winter.Must have been hard on them with the snow and ice
hope the numbers are still there. Ihear that April is going
to be wet and cold just have to wait and see.

I've already started dreaming of Thunder Chickens :)

I havent seen any where I hunt yet, but they dont usually show up till after the big flocks break up, hopefully its soon!

I'm definitely pumped up for the spring hunt! Didn't get a bird last spring so it's redemption time this year:) gonna head out to my spot this wkend and have a look around, hopefully there is signs of life

I've been seeing large groups of turkeys in the fields along the 401 almost every time I travel to London from Iona Road. I've seen them in other place around Iona Station where I live but not in as large groups. I've found with winters when the snow is deep especially with a crust it tends to wear their beards short as they forage for feed.

Ya the winter does break off the beards just make you think just how long some of the beards would be if they didn't
break of but i guess if they didn't get trimmed up they would be tripping over it.

I'm definitely pumped up for the spring hunt! Didn't get a bird last spring so it's redemption time this year:) gonna head out to my spot this wkend and have a look around, hopefully there is signs of life

Hey @bassaholic you might want to put on the snowshoes! :smuggrin:

Lol....i was wondering the same thing @whitetailhunter, was kinda hoping the sunny warmer days we've been having knocked the drifts down a littleo_O.

Thx for the vote of confidence @Gunner_1 , I'll prob need it. Saw a pile of OOS turkeys at my hunting spot last summer/fall so the poaching someone did screwed me over:mad::banghead:, maybe I'll catch the culprits this year creeping around

Went out for a drive to my hunting spot this morning and seen multiple fields with flocks of 6 to 30 turkeys in them!! My spot was also promising with no signs of anyone walking around where they shouldn't be and LOTS of turkey tracks around(y) Getting the itch even more now that I have seen good indicators of activity. Good luck all

took the dogs for a walk today seen turkey track but no birds but if the tracks are there
the birds must be to at least i hope.The winter hit the coons hard. The dogs went crazy after a coon
no animals were harmed but that poor coon was very thin and could hardly run

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks