Tube rod holders

Hey all, I’m looking into installing a Cisco Track system on my boat and was looking at the different rod holder options and the tube seems to be the most convenient. It will be used mainly for trolling Muskie and pike. My question is what stops the rods from flinging out of the tube rod holder? Say you’re in the captains chair and you have the angle of the rod holder at 4 or 5 o’clock (12 being the very bow), how does it stay locked in the tube and not fling out into the depths?

Nothing in reality except the pressure applied to the rod by the trolling of the bait behind the boat and the angle you set it. I have had some pretty big fish on the line both from just trolling and from the planer board... never lost a pole yet.

The cradle style can work well to put the rod tip in the water so the floating weeds are caught on the rod not the lure. You'll still foul lures just not as quickly. I never run my tubes too flat but I see the dipsey guys doing it

You could always try the salty rod holders. They hold onto your rod no matter the angle and to get your rod out you just lift straight up. My buddy put them on his boat last year and now im thinking on switching to them as well plus they are compatible with the berts/cisco tracks

I had the cisco tubes but switched over to cradles after one season. The tubes stuck out to far over the side of the boat and were tough to grab versus the cradles. You wont be disappointed in either style as cisco makes and awesome product

Salty's are the way to go for muskie.
I wouldn't trust rocket launchers.
I've even heard of guys breaking the butt end of their rods if you are running really big baits and trolling 5+ mph.
Just my 2cents

4 or 5 or 6 o'clock ok, it's your height angle, we use cannon ratchet tube and rails, lead core out the back. A lot of 6 oclock about a 30, 35 deg angle out the stern, Over the gunnal not past 4 and 90, depends on the length of your handle, haven't lost one yet, It will make a good story if it happens!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks