trout bait

paddle maker

Any ideas on trout bait I generally use corn or red and white spoons. Looking for advise

absoulutely not CORN, there digestive system cant handle it. ever look at your crap after a corn roast, think about what something with much smaller digestive system. the havoc it would do to it . stick to red worms and roes if you must fish natural/live baits .

absoulutely not CORN, there digestive system cant handle it. ever look at your crap after a corn roast, think about what something with much smaller digestive system. the havoc it would do to it . stick to red worms and roes if you must fish natural/live baits .

What about Carp Chef? They gorge themselves on corn when the carpers chum the water with copious amounts of the stuff to bring them in ? Then they use corn in many different scents and liquid concoctions to hook them . As far as fishes digestive systems I wouldn't have a clue. What I do know is many a fish have swallowed my plastic baits and I see they still sell them by the truckloads.

@paddlemaker, I haven't stream fished for many years and miss it but from what I do remember all those baits are great. Never used red and white spoons though except for Pike. I would suggest J9 Rappala in orange with white belly and Little Cleo's. My favorite was Panther Martin, deadly they are.

specks and browns I fish almost 100% dew worms ,switch occasionally to panther martins. rainbows I fish worms or roe upstream panther martins on way back(downstream)

Another great bait that will take any of the trout species and is easily available at your local pet shop in a variety of sizes.....crickets! Absolutely deadly for low, clear water steelies in the spring;) and don't forget wax worms and/or mealworms while your at the store....rigged up under a small float with a #10-12 hook and look out trout!

Josh

Tied up a box of big "pike size" streamers last night for the Browns, working on a nymph box now......

And in case the need arises to throw hardware;)

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks