Trollmaster Pro3 ?

taper

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Does any one know where I might find a trollmaster? Preferably here in southwestern Ontario or somewhere that will ship. I have tried a few places locally with no luck.

Amazon sells and ships.
I also seen them at extreme marine in london.

Ps once you get one you will really enjoy it.

Amazon is unavailable at the moment and Extreme does not have any. Jocelyn was sold out as well. I am really looking forward to trying it.

Made DIY Kicker speed control and I couldn't be happier how it turned out. But it is a work in progress, with the first button puts the motor into idle, the second gives you throttle control and the third will do a throttle change on a delay of what ever you want by just pressing the button each time to add a minute to the delay.

20200618_203738.jpg20200618_203049.jpg

I ordered the iTroll system and they shipped it to me within a week. But I did have to pay $100 charge when it was held up in Windsor customs - I think it was a combo of duties and UPS charging an outrageous "broker fee"... I am going to try to install it today but wow it looks daunting...

I ordered the iTroll system and they shipped it to me within a week. But I did have to pay $100 charge when it was held up in Windsor customs - I think it was a combo of duties and UPS charging an outrageous "broker fee"... I am going to try to install it today but wow it looks daunting...
I did on on a 9.9 yamaha . You will find that it is easier than it looks. . Pending on how neat you want the wires to feed through the motor then up to the console.20200103_173127.jpg20200103_173201.jpg20200103_173209.jpg20200103_180115.jpg

Made DIY Kicker speed control and I couldn't be happier how it turned out. But it is a work in progress, with the first button puts the motor into idle, the second gives you throttle control and the third will do a throttle change on a delay of what ever you want by just pressing the button each time to add a minute to the delay.

View attachment 25490View attachment 25491
Making one similar with an Arduino. What did you use?

It's just a RC servo I would think using pieces from a kids toy would work with a little creativity

Boat Owners World sells them too. I believe I bought mine (TM Pro 2) from West marine. Money well spent and FYI it's been flawless.

Thanks for all the replys guys. After a ton of phone calls I talked to a Wholesaler that was willing to check inventory. She had one unit and 1 install kit that she had just received this morning in stock. She told me the closest dealer was Extreme. A quick call to Extreme and Matt was able to order them for me. They should be on the way now. Thanks again.

If you call trollmaster in the states they will sell to you direct if you ask nicely.

View attachment 25490View attachment 25491

I am interested in this, I am already running a DIY autopilot using a Raspberry Pi as a controller, I wonder if I could incorporate the control of the throttle into what I have already made. Cruise control...
Did you do this from scratch or did you find a guide somewhere on the www?

I used a Arduino UNO R3 and a 10K ohm Potentiometer. I got some ideas from here arduino motor control .
Made mine a little different and have been tweaking the programming to get it where I want it. I was wondering if I could incorporate a autopilot some how. Did you use a linear actuator with a gps for boat control?

I used a Arduino UNO R3 and a 10K ohm Potentiometer. I got some ideas from here arduino motor control .
Made mine a little different and have been tweaking the programming to get it where I want it. I was wondering if I could incorporate a autopilot some how. Did you use a linear actuator with a gps for boat control?

I am using a Rpi 4 with Openplotter installed along with Opencpn and the pypilot plugin. I purchased the motor controller here https://pypilot.org/store/index.php?rt=product/category&path=72

I have this connected to a hydraulic pump which steers my main engine and also connected to a Panther T5 for my kicker motor, I can switch between which motor I want the autopilot to control via a DPDT switch.

You need inertial sensors (IMU) and usb gps or you can just buy this https://www.rooco.eu/products/moitessier-hat-2-raspberry-pi-openplotter-ais-receiver/ which has everything you need installed already.

So basically the Rpi runs is the autopilot, it is connected to the motor controller via GPIO pins, and the motor controller is connected to the +- of the motors.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks