Trolling speed

hondarancher

Just wondering how fast you guys troll for eyes? I was once told if your catching farm animals your going to slow. On Sunday I was going from 2.5-3.1 mph and still catching silver bass and sheepshead. Did manage a couple eyes as well. Am I going to fast for eyes ?

I'd say your in the zone at 2.5 but that's just me in my opinion the only way to not catch any silvers or sheep's is to stay home there are a ton out there trolling faster helps indeed but you'll still hook some

Depends what you are pulling.. I fish further west that you guys.. Right now between erieau and Glasgow. Last couple weeks all I've been pulling is Rapala taildancers 11s I'm running 1.9-2.4 mph, harnesses I'll pull 1.2-1.7mph, spoons I fly 2.7-3.3 mph. I'm not getting any silver bass on the tailancers, I am getting some monster sheepshead, but mainly walleyes and most of those have been bigger fish. If I'm pulling spoons exclusively and I'm getting sheepshead I bump up the speed.

Just wondering how fast you guys troll for eyes? I was once told if your catching farm animals your going to slow. On Sunday I was going from 2.5-3.1 mph and still catching silver bass and sheepshead. Did manage a couple eyes as well. Am I going to fast for eyes ?
years ago.......it seemed that if you caught allot of farm fish, speedinng up 1/2 mph would cut # of them down.....now i think there are so many that it doesnt matter what speed u run, you will still catch the silvers. like the other guys said....you catch less silvers on larger body baits

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks