Trolling reel size

spend the extra and buy quality last for life..

shimano Penn Diawa,
up your gear ratio over 5:1

Fishing World always has a sale on for a “Diawa” trolling reel and diawa rod combo, With line! Lol 120 bucks. They handle everything.. don’t need anything fancy for trolling.

My 4 have lasted 4 years, not an issue at all and I don’t care if I snap one. Works like a charm for Erie and haven’t had an issue landing massive kings on Lake O.

My first trolling reels were 2 Diawa classic Sealine 27H level winds..I bought them new in 1985 from ol George at Lambeth rod n tackle..they were $75 bucks each..that was an expensive price for a reel back then..well built good quality never missed a crank, and still have there original drags and never been taken apart.. there outdated with the old standard 3 to 1 gear ratio, compared to the high performance gear ratio reels we have today..

Thanks again Wave Runner, I'm going to Bill's Bait and see if Greg or Tim has one or can get me one. I have a few Bill's gift certificates.
Greg and Tim are great guys.

If you like your 600’s, you’ll love the Tekota 500’s. I run 2 of them on my lighter rigger rods, they are amazing. I run 4 Tekota 300’s as flat line, dipsys or jet dive rigs but they’d make dandy pickerel reels for a rigger, but they are tough to find. The Tek 500s can’t be beat. Buy once cry once, you’ll never do it again!

I've been running Daiwa Sealine SG27LCs and 47LCs for more years than I can recall. I got onto them when Shimano Tritons became scarce for awhile and never looked back. They have given me exactly ZERO problems. They changed the cosmetics a couple years ago but the guts are the same down to the drag washer stack. I think I have 2 of the old Tritons left in the arsenal. No line counters so they mainly serve on the riggers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks