Trolling motor mount?

Highlife612

My trolling motor mount is a panther and it says right on it not for use with 4stroke engine? Just bought a new to me 9.9 4stroke and want to use it as my mount. I don’t see an issue but wondering why this warning would be on it

As mentioned I think the only rating is weight. Most modern 4 stroke 9.9s are around 85-90lbs.

I think most of the trolling motor mounts also recommend against trailering with them as well, not sure what most people do.

I’m actually looking for a mount for my Wilker as I scored a 15 2 stroke little while back. So I will be following this thread with great interest. Good luck and let us know what you figure out and if anyone wants to chime in I’m all ears.

I mounted it to the wall for the time being doesn’t seem to be any issues. As you stated it has a weight limit restriction on the mount.

Looks just right for the Winter storage , if your one to take it on and off , the motor that is. my 2 cents

1624532351604.png

Garelick Aluminum 4-Stroke Auxiliary Outboard Motor Bracket (71090)

Garelick 4-Stroke Auxiliary Motor Brackets, 30 HP Max, 9-1/2" Vert Travel, 169 lbs. Max. Wt.

Built for modern, heavier, 4 stroke, high torque motors.

Heavy-duty stainless steel torsion springs.

Soft grip handle make it easy to lift the motor out of the water

Accommodates long or short shaft motors.

5 vertical running position lock bar compensates for boat trim.

Black satin anodized aluminum body resists corrosion.

2" thick, extra wide black poly mounting board.

Dual twist lock safety knobs secure bracket in position.

Motor safety cable included for added protection.

Horsepower and motor weights listed are maximums.

I mounted this bracket on my 17 deep V galaxy..
15 hp honda kicker long shaft..
great performance

I made this one all from aluminum stock, had a welder weld it together and got it mounted. It's overkill I know but with what is invested these days
I don't want mine on the bottom of the lake or on the highway.

I have a pair of aluminum brackets in the want ads that would be suitable for a swim platform kicker bracket.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 18
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks