TripZ's

Jwalsh

I was just looking into purchasing some new dipsey divers and I stumbled across these TripZ divers. Has anyone had much experience with them? How they compare to dipsey divers?

I have ran them off of the big planer boards. Had no trouble with them . They don't pull as hard as a dipsy .

Correct me if i'm wrong....I think tripZ's are only good in a straight line...where as a dypsy or walker deeper diver is a directional trolling device

The Trip Z is not a directional diver. It is similar to a Luhr Jensen Jet Diver, except it has a release that can be tripped when reeling it in so that you aren't fighting the diving force.

TripZ's are as indicated a non directional device and are great if you have rod holders but no downriggers to go deep. Bigger the TripZ the deeper it'll dive. Lot's of us like the Dipsy Divers for the ability to plane of to the sides so to get the same result with a TripZ you have to use a planer board. Don't forget the snubbers with either. There are also some other diving dudads that can be found in the local tackle establishments that can be effective as well. They are fixed to your line a distance from the lure and can be adjusted as required but must be removed at the boat to finish fighting the fish. They are called Dive Bombs and are available in various weights.

TripZ's are as indicated a non directional device and are great if you have rod holders but no downriggers to go deep. Bigger the TripZ the deeper it'll dive. Lot's of us like the Dipsy Divers for the ability to plane of to the sides so to get the same result with a TripZ you have to use a planer board. Don't forget the snubbers with either. There are also some other diving dudads that can be found in the local tackle establishments that can be effective as well. They are fixed to your line a distance from the lure and can be adjusted as required but must be removed at the boat to finish fighting the fish. They are called Dive Bombs and are available in various weights.

Thanks for the info, I am staying with dipseys since I only run downriggers and like how the dipseys are directional and get away from the boat. Maybe once I upgrade to boards, I will give the tripz a try as I like how they you dont have to fight the diving force.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks