Fishing Report Trip to Temagami

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
My nephew likes to fish Temagami on May 2-4 , but his regular fishing partner can't go this year, so, I'm heading up north on the long weekend. I'm interested in catching walleye and he is more into pike and bass. Any suggestions, tips or hints to fish Lake Temagami?

Walleye will stay a couple feet deeper than the pike, if your catching pike try 3-6 feet deeper for some reason they don’t like the pike company lol

Look for drop offs on the Lee side of the wind, when water temperatures are low the higher concentration of oxygen can hold schools of fish that their metabolism is allowing them to feed even with cold water. If you mark a good school just park the boat and vertically jig with minnows. Go light like 1/8 oz 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🍺

Don’t forget about lake trout

Can do very well top trolling with light gear on the lake

Have caught large lakers trolling anywhere on the lake even over the deep water

Good tips from previous posts .Also try 3/8 size erie dearie gold ,ned rigs/dropshots ,small jigs and lucky strike victory spoons with worms usually works for us . Here is a link if you've never tried a ned rig for walleye. Click on fishing at the top for the drop down menu .

If you are chasing walleye, I would definitely look for the river inlets and head up river and fish break lines where you find them. anchor and vertical jig. If you find small ones only, I would head out to the inlet mouth and fish some of the shallow water at and around the inlet casting jigs and minnows/leaches and slow bouncing off bottom as big girls should still be around the mouth.

If you are chasing walleye, I would definitely look for the river inlets and head up river and fish break lines where you find them. anchor and vertical jig. If you find small ones only, I would head out to the inlet mouth and fish some of the shallow water at and around the inlet casting jigs and minnows/leaches and slow bouncing off bottom as big girls should still be around the mouth.
Solid advice

I've been up that way a few times and if you can find a wind blown shoreline/bay with dirty water you may have a great day. The walleye move very shallow where they're picked off with a worm and slip float.

I've had some awesome days just fishing off the dock.

Kokogo bay. In front or into the river.
Good thing you said "Kokogo Bay" and not "Kokoko Bay" @FlyingViking ...

• Fish sanctuary - no fishing from Monday after third Sunday in March to June 15 in the following areas:
    • Scholes and Phyllis Townships, Gull Creek from dam at outlet of Gull Lake to 200 metres in an arc extending into Lake Temagami
    • Joan Township, Kokoko Bay
    • Briggs and Joan Townships, Spawning Creek from Spawning Lake including all waters of Spawning Bay and Loon Bay

Good thing you said "Kokogo Bay" and not "Kokoko Bay" @FlyingViking ...

• Fish sanctuary - no fishing from Monday after third Sunday in March to June 15 in the following areas:
    • Scholes and Phyllis Townships, Gull Creek from dam at outlet of Gull Lake to 200 metres in an arc extending into Lake Temagami
    • Joan Township, Kokoko Bay
    • Briggs and Joan Townships, Spawning Creek from Spawning Lake including all waters of Spawning Bay and Loon Bay
Good thing you looked at the regs!!!! I’m not my stomps keeper.,,,

I've never fished Temagami but I have been fishing Cochrane for last 20 years.
Mainly target walleye

Spring time the rivers are more productive than the lakes .

My goto is 1/4 , 3/8, 1/2, Oz stand up jighead with a standout or dropshot hook 6 -10 " up from jig.
White or glow jigheads at dusk& dawn
Chartreuse, green, yellow or fire tiger once it brightens up . If water is stained try orange .
Once the morning bite seems to slow down try different colour jigs....pink, black orange.
It does make a difference at times.

River and creek mouths are good starting points
Fish will be concentrated in spring.

If fishing weed lines walleye are usually 1 - 3 ' deeper than the pike

Hey man. Headed to Port Perry area today. Seen one boat before 400. But we left Tillsonburg at 5am. Traffic was good. Good fishing.👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks