Trip to nakina abamassagi lake

j-man

It's that time of year again...our bi annual trip to nakina. Went with twin lakes outfitters to abamassagi lake....what a trip tonnes of fish , great weather and a couple of trophies.
Great time with my son and some friends. Biggest fish of the trip was a 44" pike and a 24.5" walleye , both released to come fight another day. Lots of walleye in the 20+" range.
If you ever want a fantastic trip nakina is the place .
J20170605_184705.jpg 20170609_191901.jpgphoto 20170605_192947.jpgphoto

Looks like a good time, we will be up there with Twins Lakes later this summer. Cant' wait. Thanks for the report.

ive been up to the same camp at abasagami for a number of years, the fishing is always great, Chad runs a great flyin camp. we are going up there june 24th for a week flyin but this year we are going to the Keg, will post when we get back..

nice fishin trip..just wondered what a week costs ya...float plane return and a week cabin and boat rental...did you drive up or fly into the Nakina airport
Ya the fish camps are busy now fishin the june post spawn walleyes...4o to 50 fish an hour in the good spots

been to Nakina several years ago up in 18A moose huntin ..we rented a cabin from Nakinas Rob Pennock on lower twin...it was I think $450 for the 4 of us hunters...the cabin had propane power appliances, heater and wood stove ....ya we seen the nonstop float planes going up to the fish camps and cabins
another remote area moose huntin and walleye fishin is north of Armstrong on Caribou lake....its the otherside NW of lake Nipigon ....I think you can draw a line straight west from Nakina...boreal forest is one of the nicest...but my all time ontario favorite fishin pristine lakes for trout below the elevations of Algoma after ice out 2nd week of May...ya the agawa canyon is a great example of the area

Last edited:
great part of the country. my wife and i have been going to a drive to camp in that area on O'sullivan lake (camp name is O'sullivan's rainbow) for the last 5 years in the middle of August. Fishing is great and drive to is more economical -- plus i take my own boat so I can play with my toys. Haven't done any serious pike fishing as we tend to focus on the walleye. So far my pb is a 30" beauty I caught last year. Can't wait to return this year

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-15_14-5-24.png
    upload_2017-6-15_14-5-24.png
    526.3 KB · Views: 13
great part of the country. my wife and i have been going to a drive to camp in that area on O'sullivan lake (camp name is O'sullivan's rainbow) for the last 5 years in the middle of August. Fishing is great and drive to is more economical -- plus i take my own boat so I can play with my toys. Haven't done any serious pike fishing as we tend to focus on the walleye. So far my pb is a 30" beauty I caught last year. Can't wait to return this year
View attachment 5127View attachment 5127

Costs vary based on how far you fly but the rate for us was 665 canadian per person.
The more you go with Chad the better deal he gives you.

Basic cabin propane stove and fridge. This cabin had a nice add on with an on demand water heater and running water.

nice walleye..thanks for the rate...If I had one choice to flyin fish ...sept. quebec artic char...same camps that caribou hunt..and that ends feb. 2018 for life...so

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks