Off Topic Trim Gauge

wetnets88

Painted my merc outdrive last year and now my trim gauge is peeked in the full up position. Anyone have any ideas on which part of the trim sensor I need to scrape the paint off of lol?? Gauge worked perfectly before paint job!! Thanks

The right hand side is usually the trim sender switch that sends the signal to the gauge. The left side is the limit switch that controls how far up it can go. You may have gotten some paint into the sender switch . You can take the switch apart and carefully clean it. But remember that they do wear out and require replacement every 5-10 years depending on use etc.

Thanks pickerelpete. I believe the trim sensor kit is only couple years old. I will take it apart and have a look. pretty sure its ok just got paint where I shouldn't have!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks