Travel ban?

So I have been trying hard to obey the rules regarding unnecessary travel. Lucky for me, I have the grand river down the street from my house. Actually caught 2 nice walleye last Monday.

My spots here are now frozen along the shoreline making them impossible to fish...
There are a few small lakes and ponds nearby that I can ice fish but I have a hard time getting motivated enough to even bother trying. Small Pike, stunted blue gill and extremely elusive crappies.

Most winter's I do a lot of day trips that involve about a 1 hour drive. The chance of a double digit walleye in one spot or a nice chrome rainbow in another spot are trips I can get excited about.

As much as I'd love to jump in the truck and go for a drive, I'm a little concerned about getting in trouble.

I know for a fact that I would be better off overall if I could get out on one of my favorite spots. It's important to take care of our mental health...

So if I deem my travel as necessary, just as important as a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy, is that a good enough reason for me to jump in the truck and go try to get my fish on?

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_132718_9.jpg
    IMG_20210125_132718_9.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 56
Went fishing at Binbrook Conservation on the weekend.
Hundred or so people fishing or playing hockey

Freedom is always taken never given. Turn the fear machine off, Don't be AFRAID to go fishing! Its not the law. Take the unlawful fine wipe your ass with it, an say I'll see you in court.

LOL redwing.
I guess I will treat fishing as if it were a trip to the grocery store. Go when it's not busy, get my fish and get out.

Take the unlawful fine wipe your ass with it....
I prefer 3 ply cottony soft Royale thanks. :ROFLMAO: Will keep the rest of my thoughts to myself. Pretty sure like me, nobody is interested in the bathroom habits of other fishermen/fisherwomen. We all have our preferences.;)

Last edited:
So I have been trying hard to obey the rules regarding unnecessary travel. Lucky for me, I have the grand river down the street from my house. Actually caught 2 nice walleye last Monday.

My spots here are now frozen along the shoreline making them impossible to fish...
There are a few small lakes and ponds nearby that I can ice fish but I have a hard time getting motivated enough to even bother trying. Small Pike, stunted blue gill and extremely elusive crappies.

Most winter's I do a lot of day trips that involve about a 1 hour drive. The chance of a double digit walleye in one spot or a nice chrome rainbow in another spot are trips I can get excited about.

As much as I'd love to jump in the truck and go for a drive, I'm a little concerned about getting in trouble.

I know for a fact that I would be better off overall if I could get out on one of my favorite spots. It's important to take care of our mental health...

So if I deem my travel as necessary, just as important as a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy, is that a good enough reason for me to jump in the truck and go try to get my fish on?
I spent allot of time on the inner web last week
Searching info on stay at home order ...and ice fishing

Ofah and government site both said fishing is aloud .... between exercise, enjoying, outdoors and gathering food ...where reasons given

Simcoe ice hut operators are allowed to rent huts , must all be from same household

Government site says ....exercise and outdoor activities are to be conducted within the region and health center which you live in .

So I think I would have a hard time convincing bylaw officers on lake simcoe that my reason for being there is essential.
Ya might get ticket dropped or thrown out in court ....but who wants that hassle.

Too each there own ..... do what you can justify and feel comfortable with

I would love to get out on simcoe lake Couchiching as I just got a new auger, drill and hut. But dont want any hassle
Hopefully the travel ban gets lifted soon

Hey Walleye Sauce here is a fact for you to think about . From an OPP officer . They will not nor can they charge you for traveling to or from any place . I got that information from an officer who quoted it from their memo that was sent to them , and also from a web site called Cottage life .They had an article on the exact same thing and said the exact same thing , even the snowmobile trail riders do not get charged. It is only and advisement . I go fishing here all the time and am about a half hr from one of my spots. So get going man it is your health you are helping .Just do your thing with physical distancing is all . Enjoy

It’s not the fine that I’m worried about, I’m not emotionally equipped to deal with the BS. The little fuse I had has all but burned out since this crap started last spring. Some poor bugger would be taking the brunt of my pent up frustration just for doing their job and that’s not fair

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks