Trap reloading cost?

Hunter96

Hey guys. Just bought a new trap gun, been out a couple of times and don’t feel right having my auto loader spitting shells towards the gentleman/lady beside me. Bought the Canuck over/under combo as an entry gun. Is a good bang for your buck. My question to you experienced trap reloaders is.....
How much does it cost to reload your own rounds in 1 oz #7.5.? With taxes in its about $0.40 cents a round to buy factory rounds . I love to shot and will be a regular on sundays in the off season when not bow hunting and I’m wondering if it’s worth buying a progressive press. I reload my rifle with my Hornady lock and load but never reloaded shot shells. Thanks for your feed back in advance. neen saving my spent shells.

I work in the "business" and I've priced it out buying all the components. In the end the savings are very minimal. It would take a long time to pay for the equipment. It's actually about the same cost to buy Challengers but Federals and Remingtons are a little more per flat. Mind you a lot of people just enjoy reloading and that could be a factor as well. TC

Also the price for primers and powder is a little low. There are approx. 7000grs of powder in a pound if that helps. TC

Took those prices off of hummasons manufacturing site out of Ancaster as I made the sheet. They are usually pretty up to date and the cheapest around. Either way by the time you factor in a progressive or even a semi progressive press, hulls and some of the other needed accessories the savings is going to me minimal for a long time unless like mentioned it’s more of a relaxing thing than a money thing. The only thing I reload now is pheasant loads. In the ten years I’ve had loading equipment lead went from mid $30 up to 49. That really ate into the savings.

Thanks guys helps a lot. What about shot for duck/geese. Some of that stuff is pretty expensive when your buying heavy load.

Reloading steel is a very different and more sensitive than lead. I have all the loading equip and a pretty good knowledge about Loading and I won’t touch it. Just my 2cents

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks