Track-System!

walleyeman

Hey guys- I have a 1900 Lund-Tyee and would like some opinions on various Tracks for set-up of rod-holders riggers ect... I am leaning towards the Cannons or should I go with Berts! This is my first kick of the can and would appreciate your thoughts! Thanks Walleyeman!

I have cannons, my buddy has Berts. They both do the job and look decent. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Just put Cannons on my 2075 tyee , I was going to try to mount the tracks to the sport trak system but it was kind of a PITA so i mounted 36'' tracks right on the top rail . VERY solid .

Thinking of adding these to my boat as well. For those who have installed tracks, did you screw them down, through bolt them, and/or use backer plates in your install? TIA

IMG_0872.JPG I have Bert track system on my Lund pro v
With cannon rod holders
The Bert track system is mounted onto mounts made to go into the Lund track system
Easy to set up and install

Works good

I have bert's on my Legend 20 xcalibur. They are great tracks and holders. My only watch out is bert's stuff is pretty expensive. Don't get me wrong I love them, and they are great quality, but for the ratcheting holder, 120.00 ish....depending on where you buy them.

I put Traxtech rails and holders on my 1900 and couldn't be happier. Thanks Horty!

I looked at many of the rail systems but I wanted to keep everything outside my top and wasn't comfortable with the height, impact to my cover or taking them off when not being used.

36" fits 4x holders well or rigger + 3 holders

Used backing plates and a whole lot of silicon!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 80
I have Traxtech, Berts and Canon. I like Bert's the best but recommend you secure the rubber caps with electrical tape because they come off. I also own a Tyee 19.5. All three makes are good. Bert's are easier to move under load and that feature comes in handy if you have a big fish on and can't get the rod out of the holder.

Thanks guys for all the input! Great pictures\photos pins-cj! I like your set-up on your Lund! Looks amazing! Thanks again to all- Walleyeman.

Just picked up an 1875 Crossover and was racking my brain trying to figure out how I was going to mount my riggers and rod holders. At first I wanted to run the Cisco mounts that would allow me to run a track above. (For riggers you run 3 mounts and then a short section of track) so I picked up one Cisco mount at Anglers Outfitters ($103 per piece). I mounted it on the Lund Sport Track when I got home and couldn't believe how much the track/gunnel was flexing. Made the decision then that I was going to just order a longer length of track and mount it solid. I ordered two 72" cisco tracks and will be mounting them solid to the gunnels with 3/4" Baltic birch on the bottom side spanning the entire length and width track to track. Should be very solid and I am also going to make the rubber Step Pad inserts like Bert's has. I like the idea of stepping on the rubber pad getting into the boat instead of the painted gunnel that will eventual get chipped up forsure! Good luck....Ryan

I just installed the Cannon tracks and the Dual Axis rod holders. So far so good a few nice kings have tested them and they worked great. Here is a little tip... go to your local arena and ask if they have some scrap board material around, this makes a great backing and will never rot. (y) I will post a picture later of the system.

Tight Lines

RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks