tow in :(

springerhill

well i had my first experience with getting towed in! first off i would like to thank the 2 fine gentlemen that stopped to tow us in. although they wouldn't take any money we managed to get them to take a nice size pickeral as thanks. we were along way from port. fished all day out of burwell, in about 68 FOW straight out from the sandhills. trolled along all day and heard the motor missing once in awhile and figured the plugs were fouling up...no bigger i have a spare set onboard..at around 3:30 decided to head in and put the motor in neutral to reel in the planer boards and it quit...wouldn't refire so i changed the plugs..hit the key and with the cover off noticed the fuel leak on the "out" port of the fuel pump...touched it and then i was holding the plastic nipple my hand, broke off flush at the pump...what to do...wasn't sure if i bypassed the pump if the oil injection would still work so i had a spare litre of oil and figured that i filled it up in the morning and prolly used half the gas through out the day, based on previous experience...so theoretically i should have about 9 gallons left..so i dumped in the whole litre and rocked the boat to mix the gas and hooked the line from the tank to the line going to the carbs...now we got it running with one guy driving and me pumping the ball and pinching off the line to replicate the check valve in the fuel pump...awesome were heading in.....go about 5-6 miles towards port and it dies again....can't keep the line pumped up anymore....after a little head scratching i decide to open up the access in the floor and take the float out and check the gas in the tank....empty.....apparently it must have been slowely pumping the gas out in the lake..thought we would have noticed the smell...now were out of ideas and had to call for help.. after a couple hours a pair of gentlemen found us and towed us in...which took another couple hours...but it sure was appreciated!!!

on a side note i called around about a pump and it was going to be $87 plus taxes and they had to order it in, so i looked online and found boats.net and ordered one for $56 after exchange and delivery. this site looks very good for getting parts. and they even show you the break down of everything and you can order the bolts, rebuild kits, whatever...easy to navigate also...

Glad to hear that all ended well. Pay it forward., cheers GPS

Bev are you going fishing on Saturday and if so where . I will be going out of Stanley in the morning. I was going to go to Bruce but don't want to get in a huge lineup.

It's a bummer but stuff happens. I am glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for sharing. This a story we can learn from

Cheers, Clark

Sorry Wayne, missed seeing your post. Went out of Glasgow and it was a waste of time.Hadn't fished there for 6 weeks. It appears the algae bloom is about to start again. Lots of dead shad in the harbour and lots or dead sh head in the lake. We heard you on the radio.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks