Tourney Cheaters Sentenced

Not enough

I'm not sure what the right punishment would be for this, it's kind of unprecedented. It was almost certainly not the first time either but how can anyone be sure?

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Last edited:
That was a pretty thin book that was thrown at them. I agree the fines should have been heavier, but the charges they were convicted of are quite minor.

It was a plea deal which usually results in lighter sentences. The worst felony charges were also dropped as part of the agreement.

The sentence may have been light but at least they were charged with a criminal offence and that will stay with them for a looooong time. Hard to find work when you're a convicted felon.

They should have also received that they cannot fish for 10 years or so.
Lifetime ban on sport fishing
And 10 year ban on conservation
Along with a min a month in jail.
Lost the boat should of lost the truck and any and all fishing gear on the boat and at home.
Also a lifetime ban from any sort of gambling or lottery
And for shits and giggles never allowed to eat fish again 👍
And and should have to pay back all money won in fishing tournaments 😊

Taking there truck away was unlikely because the court has to consider who this impacts and there ability to work and provide for a family. Some here want and eye for an eye but that's not what the legal system is for. A criminal record will follow you the rest of your life. These guys are toast for the rest of there life.

Taking there truck away was unlikely because the court has to consider who this impacts and there ability to work and provide for a family. Some here want and eye for an eye but that's not what the legal system is for. A criminal record will follow you the rest of your life. These guys are toast for the rest of there life.
Arguably a criminal record impacting the rest of their life could do the same thing how it will impact their ability to work and provide for a family
Just saying

@FlyingViking there is no “outrage” it’s a conversation. And yah if you cheat in multiple fishing tournaments and win over $300k you should be sentenced as tho you robbed a bank

Punishment seems adequate to me and will surely be enough to teach them a lesson. This will definitely have an impact on future tournaments as organizers will keep a better eye on things and anglers know they’ll be getting checked.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks