Fishing Report Topwater Bass Blowups at Waterford Ponds

Speedy Turtle

Had an insane day fishing the ponds on Wednesday. Caught 7 out of 9 fish with tons of topwater blowups including one where the fish hit the lure twice. All topwater action caught on a 100 Berkley J-Walker. Big walking bait guy and honestly prefer the J-Walker much more than a Spook or the Sexy Dawg. If you're interested in watching the action, check out the video down below and would really appreciate the support!

Attachments

• WFish1.jpg
    WFish1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 19
  • WFish2.jpg
    WFish2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Had an insane day fishing the ponds on Wednesday. Caught 7 out of 9 fish with tons of topwater blowups including one where the fish hit the lure twice. All topwater action caught on a 100 Berkley J-Walker. Big walking bait guy and honestly prefer that much more than a Spook or the Sexy Dawg. If you're interested in watching the action, check out the video down below and would really appreciate the support!
Nice fish. Do people take small aluminium boats out on the ponds? I might dig out 12 foot aluminum out and give it a try.

I fish there fairly regularly from my kayak and I would say this was an exceptional day. I call the ponds "land of a thousand casts" as especially later in the season it seems that way. I've had good days there though, mostly fishing frog pattern topwaters. Good job there, you've got the technique down pat! TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks